Map editor?

Ask, comment, read.
JJMiles
Cadet

Map editor?

Unread postby JJMiles » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Does this game come with this great looking map editor shown here (picture from Blog):

adin
Major

Re: Map editor?

Unread postby adin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:48 am

No, the editor doen't have this feature, only a scenario editor. You won't be able to add new types of the divisions too.
greetings!

JJMiles
Cadet

Unread postby JJMiles » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 am

That's a pity, because I really love the looks of that editor, seems like a joy to use, plus I love making my own maps like in Panzer Corps. I don't understand why they never made it available to customers, it seems like a great tool to boost the popularity of this game. What's the use of a scenario editor anyways when you can't make your own maps? :?

Developers, do us all a favor and make it available, heck I'm even willing to spend an extra $10-$20 . ;)

adin
Major

Unread postby adin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Tell us why you need to create your own maps if this what we have is a well-mapped? In fact, smaller battles, are difficult to make but we have to stick to a some 'reference'.
I think, at this level of the game, we should be happy what we have.

Let's wait for a response someone from the 2x2.
greetings!

JJMiles
Cadet

Unread postby JJMiles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 am

Why don't you just mind your own business and stop acting like you're the developer, instead of telling me what I should or shouldn't like? ;)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 am

Umph, this is the story with the map editor: it's not really in a state to be released to the outside world.

Those who are following us long enough will remember that this was the state of the scenario editor a year ago when we released the original game. We did release the scenario editor eventually, but again, as with the scenario editor, I cannot make any promises. If and when the map editor is improved enough to be something else then just an internal tool, I will gladly release it.

Marder
Cadet

Unread postby Marder » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:12 pm

It is a great pity. I wanted to buy DLC but without the full editor that makes no sense. Create your own maps would extend the life of the game. Think about it.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Marder wrote:It is a great pity. I wanted to buy DLC but without the full editor that makes no sense. Create your own maps would extend the life of the game. Think about it.

Yeah, but you can use the whole, now even bigger existing map to do scenarios with the scenario editor. BTW, have a look at that blog entry too (last point, community map making):
https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2013/09/24/testing-ahoy/
You could try to contact Tomislav if you're interested in extending the map.
It seems they already have a volunteer for that though.

davepyne
Newcomer

Unread postby davepyne » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:07 am

I too would love to play with a map editor to fix some of the missing railroads, etc..

Pannoniae
Major

Unread postby Pannoniae » Wed May 25, 2016 11:13 am

Yes, we have an interest in any kind of editor. So many games have survived his creators when supported modding, (Battlefield, Skyrim, Quake, etc.) and hopefully, e.g. when UoC 2 is released, it'd be VERY helpful to release the source, (maybe only send files on request to prevent piracy) and that encourages people to buy the original game despite a sequel has came out. (What about the western front? Or WW1? Some people (including myself) would do it. Another idea: maybe you could release mods/maps/assets for a price? Of course, with approval of the creators.

What's your opinion, Tom? I'd like to hear that.