Ask, comment, read.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

Re: Official Tournament Rules Thread

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:08 am

Final Four
Spillblood vs Stahlgewitter
Tankman45210 vs MK20336

Kampfgruppe gets a by. This way both of the players who didn't get to play full games next round will get to play.

I came up with the matchmaking via a sophisticated algorithm (I rolled a d6 :ugeek: ).

The semi-finals will be played on January Offensives from Black Turn. Same rules as last time: play two games, alternate sides, and post the scores. Whoever scores highest on their turn on offense wins and advances to the finals.

The finals will be more of a round robin format, as they'll involve three players.

Also! All of our top 5 get a free Steam Code for Black Turn - this way, if you don't have it, you can still play the scenario. If you already have it, give the code to a friend! PS the entire series is 75% off through January 6th on Steam.

You have until 11:59pm ET January 16th to play your matches.
Watch your PMs and good luck!

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 pm

First game of the semifinals:
Spillblood vs Stahlgewitter:
Game code: 0F4uBx
Spillblood: Soviets, Stahlgewitter: Axis
Outcome: Soviet Surrender in turn 5/12 (loss for Spillblood).
Soviet Score: -/900
Absolutely blew this one. Stahlgewitter cut all my supply lines and wiped out all of my forces, and I wasn't able to reestablish them. He even managed to get into Moscow in the first turns. I must give the following remark: I have experience with this scenario (tested it with Danielefc during the beta), and it is very unbalanced even after some changes. I can predict that all Soviet players on this scenario will have a hard time, the Germans are way too strong and can cut off your suplly easily.
2015-01-05 22_58_43-Unity of Command.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spillblood on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Yes, the commies need some assistance in this scenario. Supply sources in the north and south of the map and probably a static unit or two in Moscow.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:07 am

Ritalingamer wrote:
The semi-finals will be played on January Offensives from Black Turn. Same rules as last time: play two games, alternate sides, and post the scores. Whoever scores highest on their turn on offense wins and advances to the finals.

OK, didn't get that one. So Stahlgewitter must start the second one.

Kampfgruppe
Captain

Unread postby Kampfgruppe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 am

If the Russians are smart on the first turn the German forces will be hard pressed to recover

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Spillblood and Stahlgewitter: I'm pretty sure you are playing the wrong scenario. I believe the intended map was "January PvP" (same battle but with some very important limitations and alterations). Its an easy misunderstanding :)

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Ritalingamer wrote:Welcome to the Final Four!

Check the thread here for your opponents.

As a prize, you get a Steam code for Black Turn, so you can play the scenario, January Offensives. If you already have Black Turn, give the code to a friend!
P06AM-03VE4-N32E6

You have until 11:55pm January 16th to play and submit your game.

Danielefc wrote:Spillblood and Stahlgewitter: I'm pretty sure you are playing the wrong scenario. I believe the intended map was "January PvP" (same battle but with some very important limitations and alterations). Its an easy misunderstanding :)

Hmm, but according to his post here in this thread and his PM he's referring to January Offensive, which is the Single Player scenario, not January PvP. And he wants us to play two rounds on alternating sides like in the last round (on Little Saturn). Would be good if he could clarify this.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

The second game against Stahlgewitter ended on turn 9/12 with me surrendering. Game code was LfDbhQ. Final Soviet score was 350/900.
Spillblood vs Stahlgewitter:
Game code: LfDbhQ
Stahlgewitter: Soviets, Spillblood: Axis
Outcome: Axis Surrender in turn 9/12 (loss for Spillblood).
Soviet Score: 350/900

FInal Situation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Any news from the other game?

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:22 pm

To clarify - play on the PVP version "January PVP." Sorry for the confusion.
As in previous rounds, you should play it twice, alternating sides, so we eliminate any possible bias.

Also, sorry for the slow response - I've been sick.