Any news on the expansion?

Ask, comment, read.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Any news on the expansion?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm

A short update on this, I did it on twitter but for people who follow the forums exclusively: expansion work is going really well and we might actually start the beta as early as Oct 1.

If we're off by a day or two hopefully noone will mind. Also in case you haven't heard, with the next update we're releasing the scenario editor. The scenario editor will be part of the base game, no additional purchase required.

Cheers! 8-)

PirateJock
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby PirateJock » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Tomislav

Great news on all fronts :) Is there a sign up for the Beta or have you already got your testers?

Cheers

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Very nice indeed. Just had a slight "relapse" the last couple of days and played alot of UoC. Had almost forgotten how good it is :)

adin
Major

Unread postby adin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:26 am

we're also including the scenario editor with the next game update.

This :D

Great news, thanks
greetings!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 pm

PirateJock wrote:Is there a sign up for the Beta or have you already got your testers?

I think we'll do it like we did for the Mac version: simply put a limited number of keys for sale on the site, clearly marked as "BETA" keys.

We will of course update all testers to final version when released (again, like we did for the Mac version). I don't expect a significant number of bugs, so we just need a few (<50, say) brave players who will play through the scenarios and give feedback on balance, any exploits etc.

PirateJock
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby PirateJock » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:I think we'll do it like we did for the Mac version: simply put a limited number of keys for sale on the site, clearly marked as "BETA" keys.

I'll keep an eye open for the announcement :ugeek:

Cheers

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 pm

PirateJock wrote:
Tomislav Uzelac wrote:I think we'll do it like we did for the Mac version: simply put a limited number of keys for sale on the site, clearly marked as "BETA" keys.

I'll keep an eye open for the announcement :ugeek:

Cheers

Me too! I'm craving for more UoC-scenarios. Been replaying the original campaign over and over.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 pm

UPDATE: obviously we're not releasing anything today so I made myself look slightly foolish. :oops: That said, we are kinda close - I released an internal build last Friday that contains all units, all scenarios and all new mechanics. I'm not putting forward any more dates though :roll:

One change: Pieter (aka ComradeP) who designed all the scenarios for the expansion asked me that we do a proper test, rather then what I described a few posts ago. So the whole thing will kick off with a call for beta testers, just like we did last year. Last year's test was a lot of fun, so I hope everyone involved will enjoy this one too.

Cheers! :)

adin
Major

Unread postby adin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 am

How sad, after the all night working I had a hope I will play something before going sleep. Now I have to go to bed hungry :cry:

ps. good luck, we are waiting :)
greetings!

PirateJock
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby PirateJock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:UPDATE: obviously we're not releasing anything today so I made myself look slightly foolish. :oops: That said, we are kinda close - I released an internal build last Friday that contains all units, all scenarios and all new mechanics. I'm not putting forward any more dates though :roll:

One change: Pieter (aka ComradeP) who designed all the scenarios for the expansion asked me that we do a proper test, rather then what I described a few posts ago. So the whole thing will kick off with a call for beta testers, just like we did last year. Last year's test was a lot of fun, so I hope everyone involved will enjoy this one too.

No problem on the date slip ... builds anticipation!

Cheers