Steam Greenlight

Ask, comment, read.
bmickey
Cadet

Steam Greenlight

Unread postby bmickey » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am

I'd really like it if Unity of Command could be purchased through Steam. I already own it, but a steam integration would be beneficial, in my opinion. It's up to the developers as far as I know to put their game up on the greenlight list, so, it would be nince if you'd do that soon. My vote would be yours, and if current owners couldn't register their game via the steam platform, I'd buy this gem of strategy gaming in a blink! :-)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Steam Greenlight

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm not putting the game on Greenlight because it looks like we're getting on Steam even without it. I was going to announce this any day anyway - once I knew the release date etc.

When I know all the details of our release on Steam, I will post them here.. and on the blog... and on twitter... well, you get the point ;)

Thanks to everyone supporting our cause on game sites and discussion boards. This release and other cool things like our recent golden joysticks nomination (Vote Now!) are a direct result of fans being outspoken like that. Keep it going folks :)

Seigaku
Cadet

Unread postby Seigaku » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 am

Nice, i just did my account here to bring the greenlight idea, but i see someone did it first =P.

If the game gets in Steam i will get it eventually

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 am

Well done. Fingers crossed you eventually make it to steam. :D

BTW: Will we all get a steam key? Or.....

bmickey
Cadet

Unread postby bmickey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 am

Great news the game finally makes it to Steam! I hope it will be picked up by many others who don't know it yet. :-)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. :)

@Snowwhite: I'll see what can be done about the keys, hopefully yes.

There are a few things like this left to do and normally I'd wait with the announcement until everything is ready. But many people asked us about Greenlight so I decided to let everyone know - otherwise it would be slightly weird that we're not applying, eh?

Anyway we plan to be busy this fall, and I will post here on all developments as usual. Also, we're @unityofcommand on twitter and posting there regularly.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Glad you finally got Steam sorted! Best of luck with that and the expansion!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 am

Spooner wrote:Glad you finally got Steam sorted! Best of luck with that and the expansion!

Well, not actually sorted yet, but they kind of promised they'll take us on, eventually... :roll:

Still, we're going ahead with the expansion shortly, hope you join us in testing. We got splendid feedback from you the last time around obviously.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 pm

More than happy to help you again. I've ground the original maps to death in single and multiplayer, so new challenges would be grand!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah, hopefully we'll get some respite from "moar content" type requests. By my current count, there will be 19 single player (17 soviet, 2 german) and 4 multiplayer scenarios. Note that many of the Soviet scenarios are massive, in fact large ones are in the majority, with only one or two smaller Terek-type scenarios.

Also, with the scenario editor and two complete sets of units (1942/43 and 1943/45), I hope the community will create some interesting stuff too.