Better than brilliant victories

Ask, comment, read.
EternalPonderer
Cadet

Re: Better than brilliant victories

Unread postby EternalPonderer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks! I probably wouldn't have had the idea to do this without reading this thread, so in a way your obsession inspired my obsession ^_^

sourdust
Brigadier General

Unread postby sourdust » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:10 am

Seriously, well done.

I've been playing around with this a bit. Some of your wins obviously require extensive save-scumming, as you freely admit.

But a few others draw on tactics that never occurred to me. Following your tip about preventing Germans from moving into Kursk, I just did the Don Offensives in 2 turns, without any save/reloading after I got the initial combo right. Brilliant stuff. You are a terrible abuser of the poor AI!

sour

Striker753
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Striker753 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:49 pm

That kind of stuff is why I love single player wargaming :D I remember doing the same on Wargame Airland Battle and Red Dragon (I fudged my first playthrough of European Escalation and can't reset my stats, so I'm stuck with garbage units) and managing to do some impressive conquests after a while, but it was difficult...
Anyways, thanks for your tips, I'm far from being a seasoned commander on this game, and this helps me getting, if not better, at least less terrible.
Now, the issue is that I'm tempted to play through a couple of these campaigns again, even if I'm supposed to do an investment project for some of these villas for sale in Barcelona... I guess it can wait, because the Panzers I have to wreck can't :lol:
Last edited by Striker753 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biffy
Colonel

Unread postby Biffy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 am

Interesting thread.

One thing I do wonder is as some of these need some luck to achieve what the best number of turns for finishing each scenario is without relying on luck or reloading? ie Playing the higher percentage strategies that give results 9 times out of ten etc?