AI Fortifying in the Snow

Ask, comment, read.
Shatner
First Lieutenant

AI Fortifying in the Snow

Unread postby Shatner » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I've seen this in both the Axis and the Russian campaigns, where there will be mud or snow covering an area and an enemy unit without an engineer will spend their action entrenching themselves. I understand, for the sake of the scenario, that you want certain key points entrenched even if the weather is not dry and you don't necessarily want to hand out engineers to those troops (or can't if they're Russian). In those cases, I'd prefer to see the enemy start in their desired location, already entrenched because then I can at least pretend they aren't breaking the game's own rules.

Ultimately this is a small matter but it confused me early on (why are those AI troops entrenching when I can't and we're all caught in the same weather?) and somewhat undermined the games consistency.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: AI Fortifying in the Snow

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 am

The AI plays strictly by the same rules as the human player.

If you run into a situation like you described, then it's clearly a bug. Please post a savegame so I can take a look, or send it to support at unityofcommand.net. I haven't noticed anything like before, so it may be a misunderstanding (perhaps a unit on the edge of a mud patch or something).

Shatner
First Lieutenant

Re: AI Fortifying in the Snow

Unread postby Shatner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Hmm, I just assumed that was you guys giving the AI a little boost in some of the scenarios. My bad. I will find a saved game and send it to support when I get the chance this evening.