Reorganizing units?

Ask, comment, read.
Snowwhite
Captain

Reorganizing units?

Unread postby Snowwhite » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:09 am

I can't seem to get my head around this.
I reorganize a unit that then goes to the force pool, but then for the rest of the game they are on route. On route where, how do I use them? I don't seem to get any options with these at all, and the manual is not much help on this subject.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Reorganizing units?

Unread postby Danielefc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 am

You cannot deploy them on the map again as a coherrent (sp?) unit. Rather you are disbanding the unit and thus gaining the unit manpower to use as piecemeal re-inforcements from your forcepool without spending prestige.

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 am

Danielefc wrote:You cannot deploy them on the map again as a coherrent (sp?) unit. Rather you are disbanding the unit and thus gaining the unit manpower to use as piecemeal re-inforcements from your forcepool without spending prestige.

Yes, but how do you add the unit manpower from your force pool to a existing unit? I never get any option to do this, it is permanently on route and that's it, or am I missing something here?

As I see it, I should reorganize a unit/s then after a turn, select a unit in need of replacements and then add them from the force pool, but this does not seem to work.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Yup - you got it right. Only exception is units out of supply. Just to make sure then here are some screens showing how it should look:

Choose unit and then hit the re-org button:

Select unit you want to reinforce, go to forcepool and then add the desired number of steps. (Little tip: more than 2 are a waste since it will take more than one turn for them to shake off the surpressed state. Rather keep one's options open by saving the steps in the forcepool)

Snowwhite
Captain

Unread postby Snowwhite » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks Daniel, I will have another go and see if I can get it right.

UPDATE: Yes it worked. I can't understand it, I couldn't get it to work last night. Maybe I was trying to enforce a out-of-supply unit.
Anyway, thank you for the detailed instructions.