1.01 problems in OSX

Ask, comment, read.
stevep
Cadet

1.01 problems in OSX

Unread postby stevep » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:53 am

Howdy there, I'm running Unity of Command 1.01 on OSX 10.6.8

Quite enjoying it overall, nice job guys!

Some issues I'm seeing - I'm playing the Axis campaign and the final turns into Stalingrad I'm seeing that on alternative turns it calculates the supply lines completely wrong vs fine. In the game I'm playing right now, the soviets are down to just a couple units - no reason to suddenly be cut off from supply, but the turn after it's back to normal. The turn after that, suddenly all my units are cut off again.

dang.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: 1.01 problems in OSX

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 am

Could it be that the weather is shortening your supply range? You can check this handily with "supply" mapview (hotkey S).

We didn't have an issue where it would be wrong in calculating supply before. If you still suspect that's the cause, and not the weather, please post the saved game and I'll look it over.

stevep
Cadet

Unread postby stevep » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Oh, I hadn't thought about the weather. I'll try to remember to check that. It may be a few days before I can play again.

stevep
Cadet

Unread postby stevep » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Two other issues:

I run a macbook pro with a second monitor. If I leave UoC running and disconnect the second monitor because I'm taking my laptop to work, the application can't seem to regain focus until I return home and plug back into that same monitor.

Bugs with second monitors are pretty common. I think developers forget to test for this.

Another thing I've seen is if you're using the "show next reinforceable unit" button, it may highlight a unit that's off-screen and not visible. Seems it should move the screen so you can see the unit in question.

A feature request for you - it would be nice to be able to overlay the supply readout and weather over the map with the units. Right now I flip back and forth quite a bit to see where the units can go.

Overall, nice job. I'm enjoying it and am happy to recommend Unity of Command to others.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 am

stevep wrote:Bugs with second monitors are pretty common. I think developers forget to test for this.

Well yeah, but we don't have that setup. Did you download the 1.02 BETA or is this happening with vanilla 1.01?