Mac BETA

Ask, comment, read.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Mac BETA

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Please post your impressions and any possible bug reports here.

The BETA test (and the associated discount) will run for a few more days at least, until we get enough testers on board.

Kawo
Cadet

Re: Mac BETA

Unread postby Kawo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Right now, no issue. The game runs fine. I will update while I will going deeper.

I hope other mac testers will join. May be we can try a multiplayers session!

TevenHangue
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby TevenHangue » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:10 am

This could be a problem for folks who want to share save game files with other players: the default save location is not viewable in the finder under OS 10.7 (Lion) - not sure about 10.6.

You can get to the save game files using the command line, but if you told the typical Mac user that they had to go to the command line to do something, they'd probably wet themselves.

Kawo
Cadet

Unread postby Kawo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 am

You can show "Library" folder in Lion without the Terminal.app: press option while going to "Go" menu in the Finder, "Library" will appear in the list.

Carterjon
Captain

Unread postby Carterjon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Have completed both Axis and Soviet campaigns, no problems so far. Game is just as snappy and responsive as the PC version. Good job!

Anyone want to try a MP?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Kawo wrote:The game runs fine.

Carterjon wrote: Game is just as snappy and responsive as the PC version.

I swear we should put sume bugs in just to liven up the discussion ;)

Carterjon
Captain

Unread postby Carterjon » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm

1. I tried to open the manual from the main menu and then exited the game but nothing was there in the background.

2. I'm sure this is a work in process but "leave on desktop" for the MP code is of course clunky.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 am

Yes, the manual doesn't open. Thx!

The other thing is related to our inability to do alt-tab (or cmd-tab as it were) when in fullscreen on the mac. Normally on the PC, you create a game, copy the game code to clipboard, then alt-tab to your mail client and send the code.

Here it's obviously a bit clunky if you play fullscreen but there's not much we can do about the alt-tab. We are working on in-game matching so hopefully this whole functionality will become obsolete soon anyway.

Carterjon
Captain

Unread postby Carterjon » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 am

Had an odd situation today. Playing 2nd Kharkov PvP, and wanted to connect on a different computer than the one I initially used to create the game. Got a net ID conflict. I had definitely quit the game on the original computer. Perhaps related, I tried connecting as the other player to check it worked, then quit the game, but when the other player tried to connect he got the same error. Perhaps not a big deal since you are working on a different PvP system.

ante
2x2 Games

Unread postby ante » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Carterjon wrote:Had an odd situation today. Playing 2nd Kharkov PvP, and wanted to connect on a different computer than the one I initially used to create the game. Got a net ID conflict. I had definitely quit the game on the original computer. Perhaps related, I tried connecting as the other player to check it worked, then quit the game, but when the other player tried to connect he got the same error. Perhaps not a big deal since you are working on a different PvP system.

Player in MP is locked on one licence key. It is not possible to connect as same player from application that runs with different licence.