Suggestions Thread

Ask, comment, read.
davouthojo
Second Lieutenant

Suggestions Thread

Unread postby davouthojo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 am

A suggestion/question:

When planning attack lines, it is very useful to see the enemy supply lines, so that you can work out how to cut them off most efficiently.

At the moment I have pause the game in the enemy turn playback or go into history mode and back into their turn, then hit the supply button to do this.

Is there an easier way? If not, could we add a feature to show enemy supply at the same time as showing our own?

Is here a sticky thread where we can accumulate ideas - it may well be that someone has noted this before.....

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Suggestions Thread

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:30 pm

There, I made this into a sticky suggestions thread (sorry about editing out your original title). Fire away... :)

BlckKnght
Cadet

Unread postby BlckKnght » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 am

I wish I could see the potential bridge locations that are out of range when I'm using the bridge building theater resource. I often don't realize that I only need to occupy one more tile to get to a useful site and so I waste it if I don't check in the terrain mode first.

yabo
Cadet

Unread postby yabo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 am

I just bought the game yesterday and played for a couple of hours so I might have missed some of these.

- A dynamic campaign (where losing a battle doesn't mean losing the war).

- A shortcut for "End of turn" without 2 popups ("Do you really want to end the turn ?" + "New turn N").

- A "learning" mode where I could just cancel the last turn and go back to try another strategy (rather than starting from the beginning)

- Ability to choose the strategic assets one wants. These could cost prestige points like reinforcements?

- Afrika Korps theater!

- Counter mode (yes I've seen the blog post and the art quality is very good, but counters improve the immersion feeling)

- Air warfare : gaining & keeping air superiority could prevent the enemy air strikes.

- Modding support. As I'm a developer rather than an artist I'd love to have an API to code my own AI.

Well I think I'm going to stop here for now. :)

Kamfrenchie
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Kamfrenchie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I think what you could really use right now is a demo ofr your game.

I mean i bought your game on the advice of a review magazine, and even though it's 30€ (higher than the average indie game) i'm quite happy with my purchase. But i can see other people being reluctant because of the price if they can't try out the game first, so if you can even do 1 mission as a demo, i think it could help you.

Otherwise, i'm planning to do some vids of the battles i'm making online, video footage should help you a tiny bit too :p

Sedlex
Newcomer

Unread postby Sedlex » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:12 pm

The only major gripe I have so far is in the fact that replaying a given mission in a campaign resets the entire chain.

This should really be fixed to allow players to just repeat a mission of their choice for a higher score/better result. All it needs is a fail condition supplementary to running out of time: if completing the mission results in lower prestige than previously obtained, the mission should be deemed a failure.

As it is, the current system reduces the overall play time of the game, as few players are likely to wipe out their campaign progress to replay a mission for a better score. Requiring them to replay the same until they reach an optimal result before they progress is likewise counterproductive from a gameplay/flow perspective.

Other than that, amazing stuff. You've reconciled me with war games! :)

Tschemo
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Tschemo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 pm

My first suggestion is about the music. It is only my opinion but it would be much better to have some "military march songs" in the game (both German and Russian). I have seen a video on youtube from Sevastopol scenario where there was a German song. After that I was a little disappointed after launching the game and hearing only music. I had to fix it by myself. :D

I really miss the "surrender" result for retreating units without adjacent free hex.

It would be great to have a button in the game to cancel the unit’s last movement. It happened to me that I clicked by mistake on a hex and movement was spent.

I am looking forward to the expansion and scenario editor. I know that the next expansion should be Kursk but as someone already pointed out the Afrikakorps might be very interesting.

So far it is a great game totally worth the money! Thanks. ;)

planetbrain
Cadet

Unread postby planetbrain » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 am

purchased on the day before, got a whole bunch of axis runs and tried only one soviet scen so far. all finished decisive, although i really went for brilliance but i feel concerned bout my pixeltruppen. usually i dont sacrifice them but it is necessary in some situations. i rarely operate against the odds where, as i unterstand the game mechanics, it is essential to dash towards the objective no matter what the oob looks like when the scenario comes to an end.
"...uhh sir, our div finally seized this obj but looking back there are heaps of corpses. its a phyrric victory sir" "dont mind general, we dont need that men and material any more. they are expendable, u are dismissed"
and thats the point; why are casualties not penalized in some manor? i mean, completing objectives regardless of sacrificed divisions :!: is somewhat gamey.
dont get me wrong, i really appreciate uoc and because its a game, its fresh and entertaining. but for immersion there should be an incentive to be prudent.

planetbrain
Cadet

Unread postby planetbrain » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:20 am

BlckKnght wrote:I wish I could see the potential bridge locations that are out of range when I'm using the bridge building theater resource. I often don't realize that I only need to occupy one more tile to get to a useful site and so I waste it if I don't check in the terrain mode first.

+1
the transparent gray symbol for bridge ops should be more prominent
davouthojo wrote:
When planning attack lines, it is very useful to see the enemy supply lines, so that you can work out how to cut them off most efficiently.

+1

SobeR
Newcomer

Unread postby SobeR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 am

Hi,
this is a great game.
I just wish there was an option to configure mouse keys. I'd like to select with left and issue orders with right mouse button.
What happens to me is that when I have a unit selected and I want to scroll a map, the unit moves and its turn is wasted :(
Thanks.