Suggestions Thread

Ask, comment, read.
ironbmike
First Lieutenant

Re: Suggestions Thread

Unread postby ironbmike » Tue May 14, 2013 2:16 pm

A small fix that would help a lot would be to show potential bridge building sites on the map without having to click on the bridge icon.

Because if I am defending and my opponent can build bridges but I can't, I can't see where he might cross rivers and I can't defend accordingly! Unless there is a way to see that I'm not aware of?

Also I think that bridges being destroyed should play a larger role.

SeriousCatNZ
Cadet

Unread postby SeriousCatNZ » Mon May 20, 2013 3:04 am

Quickly going through this thread, I see that pretty much all of what I would like to see in future expansions have been suggested by other players. Though I do have one suggestion:

I love this game and I sincerely hope that 2x2 will use the base game as a general platform to release many expansion packs (as DLCs), instead of focusing on a successor game. Perhaps one day we'll see the entire European and African theatres of war represented—that would be a great day.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 pm

spillblood wrote:
One simple way to give the player some incentive to conserve his forces might be to require him, at least for

a BV / DV, to meet the objectives on time AND hold them through the opponent's next turn.

That's a great suggestion! I think this would be the most simple way to discourage players from just opening up a
path so that ONE unit can reach the final objective (which it couldn't hold for the next turn) which makes them instantly win the scenario .

Thanks. On a related note, in scenarios such as Leningrad / Korsun, failure to defend the cities of Leningrad and Kiev should probably lead to the instant loss of the scenario. I don't see STAVKA ordering a salute to be fired anywhere but through the skull of a general who took Pskov but lost Leningrad.

Alternatively the cities themselves could be greyed out and inaccessible or receive a static garrison unit a la Sevastopol's Coastal Army.

andreigiurea
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby andreigiurea » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi!As all we know,when you start a scenario(For example,Kuibishev)you will see:First,you look in the right.You say:-Omg!!!What a good german units!!.But,when you look in the left,you say:Noooo,again those creepy romanian units???They don't make anything!!.This is available for Italian units,Hungarian units and Slovac Units(I don't know why,the Finns are more powerful).So,please make the Romanian units attack at 3-4,not at 1!!!!Remember that,when the 5 Armoured Army attacked a romanian infantry division in 19 october 1942 at Stalingrad,this division DENIED the attack,and the 1 Armoured(Rom)Div,with de 23 PzD enircled one mechanized corp,and destroyed it?
REMEMBER!!Without Romania,the Barbarossa whas aproximatively impossible,BUT FALL BLEAU,IMPOSIBBLE!!!No matter what

GameTime
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby GameTime » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 am

Is there an ETA on second expansion? I cant get enough of this game. Finished it and the DLC 10 times over.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:30 pm

No exact ETA, but in "a few weeks" (or so) there will be "a proper announcement". Maybe we'll get more information on the DLC and its arrival then.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 am

Varying zoom levels/ support for various resolutions apart from the image simply being stretched to the whole screen would be one of the most desirable features for the sequel. And if you can implement it somehow, maybe some way to zoom. I was in the Germany at War beta, a similar game, though it plays out a bit more like Panzer Corps (which means the pace is slower and there's no supply or frontline system as in UoC. It generally doesn't have pleasing graphics like UoC, but I really loved the ability to zoom out as far as I liked and see the whole battlefield at once. BTW, those of you who haven't tried it out yet, it's really good, but I'd wait for some sort of demo (although Matrix does rarely release demos) to be able to try before buying. I really don't like the fact that they charge up to 80 dollars for games and then offer no demo for them. AARs and let's plays never are a replacement for a proper demo, especially in the strategy games genre, so it's really good that UoC has one!

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 pm

My suggestions after playing the game for many hours:

- Player should be able to play any campaign at any point he so wishes and all campaigns should have their progress kept. Current system is severly limiting player by forcing him to play one campaign, otherwise he'll lose all progress on the current one. It's absurd situation when one plays German campaign, then Russian and then German and is placed at the very beginning. Reset should happen only when player wants it (by pressing a specific button).

- Being able to view your campaign's history is a good thing and should be expanded further: by being able to view history of each scenario of any campaign, not just the current one.

- Frozen Synapse had a very nice option to record your replay into .ogv format and even offered putting video directly on YouTube. Not exactly top priority, perhaps not even important feature to have, but an idea to consider.

- Players can spend their prestige points for a little help in current scenario. Problem is that when they use it the next scenario is even harder, as player's points are being drained. This issue coupled with some really tough missions missions (the ones requring Brilliant Victory in order to progress) can lead to blocking the player and sometimes even re-doing the whole campaign. Players should be extra rewarded for getting their objectives on time, not punished because they got "only" Decisive Victory. This leads to suppression of using prestige points (either to get maximum prestige or store for hard scenarios) for some while kicking weaker players by not letting them play more scenarios.

- Dynamic campaign. In current model you can win barely one scenario just to start with fresh army in the next. Losing manpower could be taken into consideration when making choice whether go quickly for the objectives or preserve manpower. Manpower could've been used to form new divisions of player's choice (depending on historic conditions).

- Larger scenarios could add another dimension into the game: success or failure on other end should somehow be reflected on the overall strategic situation.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Except this cool suggestions with sharing replays and viewing history of the whole campaign this has all been brought up before in some Suggestions threads. BTW, the history function also is extremely useful for asynchronous Multiplayer (for viewing your opponent's turn) which BTW is already possible in the current version, but there's no browsing function for games yet, so players have to share the scenario code that's generated when a new game is started and then connect as the right player. The player who starts the game is always Player 1 initially. Let's see what they have in store for the sequel. I guess it's going to blow us away if they can expand on the existing game by adding improvements such as these.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Except this cool suggestions with sharing replays and viewing history of the whole campaign this has all been brought up before in some Suggestions threads.

Good. This shows consistency of our suggestions. Having many varying suggestions is one thing, asking for the same - entirely another. Different ideas can spark into something to be implemented into the game. Sharing the same ideas by many might make them higher priority. Save for my first idea the rest is entirely optional, not crucial but very good to have. If they find enough time to make the game they want and still have time left to work for implementing "extra" stuff in, then I will be glad for any additional feature they did find worthwhile to implement.