Suggestions Thread

Ask, comment, read.
juoc
Major

Re: Suggestions Thread

Unread postby juoc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:05 pm

First off, I admit to not reading the whole thread.

HolyDeath wrote:One more thing I'd like to suggest - tanks are too good at everything. They're even better at attacking cities or rivers. This ain't accurate and diminishes the role of infantry units. I think this should be changed somewhat so infantry could improve in other aspect (attacking through terrain that wasn't suitable for tank units, etc.).

I agree and would like to add that I think crossing a river into enemy ZOC should suppress some steps instantly.

Other things I like added is:
-1-2 defensive scenarios per future campaign/game.
-Option for fast AI movement.
-Option for historical weather.
-Some way to easily see movement cost and supply decrease on different tiles for different weather conditions without checking the manual.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 pm

There is another idea: make digging-in part of the map, but cost more time and/or strength to set it up. I recall Panzer General having its own type of terrain like that. It should make infantry better on the offense as they'd fill the abandoned defensive positions. Right now you can take advantage off taking up enemy positions.

SwampYankee
Newcomer

Unread postby SwampYankee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 pm

I love this game and have been playing for a long time. The depth of it constantly amazes me. Today I realized that it would be very good to be able to rip up and damage rail line before pulling out of a hex. Would it be possible for some units to be able to have this capability?
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

DavidG3276
Newcomer

Unread postby DavidG3276 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:08 am

I see now that they are having a "fire sale" on UoC games. However, I've bought all of them before and just want to share with the developers why I no longer play them. The system is too "gamey". I can destroy an opposing force with few casualties on my side and yet "lose" because it would take me a single day more to take the last objective. Like chess, it almost forces you into trying to figure out the "right" way to win a scenario much like a puzzle game and having to memorize moves. Those games are fine but not for me. I like the flexibility of being able to try different paths to victory but that does not exist within the UoC games at present when you are playing against the AI.

StaleMate
Newcomer

Unread postby StaleMate » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

I was doing demo tutorial. And in it there is river crossing phase. like in scenarios you can cross rivers..

one suggestion. Can those crossing create bridge which stays there so other units after that can follow over it without delay?
also, could it be possible also, to demolish any bridge?

(edit, in next tutorial phase there is bridge laying.. could bridge building be attached to units which have engineer unit attached to it, so it builds the bridge which takes 1 turn from it to make it. and after that the bridge stays on map, like when its build with bridges.. )

HappyDaze
Captain

Victory points & levels of victory

Unread postby HappyDaze » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Given that attrition of forces was so important, especially in the East, I'm left wondering if that should not be reflected in the game. I imagine it going something like this: For each step of the enemy's forces you destroy, you gain a point; for each step of your own that is lost, you lose a point. Would such a calculation be incompatible with the existing game engine or the engine in upcoming games?

Happy

Kool Kat
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Kool Kat » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Gents: :ugeek:

As a recent owner of the UoC title, I have some suggestions to improve game play. Please pardon if these suggestions have been raised in previous posts. ;)

1) Fog of War - Commanders should not be able to view supply state or full statistics of enemy units. Also, enemy units should not be seen from hundreds of kilometers away.
2) Loss of units - There needs to be a consequence for persistent unit losses. As it stands now, commanders can lose nearly their entire force and as long as the objective is secured, they still win.
3) Flexible setup areas - Allow commanders to setup their units as they wish within designated setup areas.
4) Air missions - Allow different air missions - 1. CAS "Close Air Support" - As used in UoC currently. 2. Interdiction - Disrupt supply lines and reinforcements moving to front lines. 3. Reconnaissance - Locate enemy ground units.
5) Supply Depots - Allow players, within the specific scenario guidelines, to setup supply depots.
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

kvnrthr
Captain

Unread postby kvnrthr » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:38 am

Kool Kat wrote:Gents: :ugeek:

As a recent owner of the UoC title, I have some suggestions to improve game play. Please pardon if these suggestions have been raised in previous posts. ;)

1) Fog of War - Commanders should not be able to view supply state or full statistics of enemy units. Also, enemy units should not be seen from hundreds of kilometers away.
2) Loss of units - There needs to be a consequence for persistent unit losses. As it stands now, commanders can lose nearly their entire force and as long as the objective is secured, they still win.
3) Flexible setup areas - Allow commanders to setup their units as they wish within designated setup areas.
4) Air missions - Allow different air missions - 1. CAS "Close Air Support" - As used in UoC currently. 2. Interdiction - Disrupt supply lines and reinforcements moving to front lines. 3. Reconnaissance - Locate enemy ground units.
5) Supply Depots - Allow players, within the specific scenario guidelines, to setup supply depots.

Fog of War would be interesting, and would introduce some uncertainty in determining forces. For the Soviet side especially, the abundance of forces would allow them to mass behind enemy lines and give a nasty surprise attack. Although total blindness should be reserved for formations very deep on the enemy side. Perhaps as a division approaches the front line, depending on how far away it is, information becomes slowly revealed (e.g. 20 hexes away = not seen, 10 hexes = type of formation known, 3 hexes = size of formation or something like that.)

A question for the developer, will there be a better way to concentrate units in the attack for the sequel? Reading history, Soviets are able to mass entire armies in the equivalent space of one hex in the game, which is only possible here through difficult shuffling. I know unit stacking is not done for a reason, but perhaps a solution could be found (e.g. extending movement range by 1 or 2 behind your own lines) so you are able to concentrate better in an attack.

Also, I think Soviets should have some infantry units that are stronger than usual (e.g. perhaps 3/3/3+1 instead of 2/2/3+1, or maybe even as strong as German infantry divisions) to represent infantry formations that were given a higher amount of weapons than usual (guards and shock units). At the very least, these better equipped units should have better stats than Volksgrenadiers...

ulm67
Newcomer

Unread postby ulm67 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:26 am

Fog of War, please. To me this is the only real feature missing in this fantastic game. Please.
Ulm

kvnrthr
Captain

Unread postby kvnrthr » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 am

Also, about the reorganization and step assignment of units.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the possibility of the recycled unit steps have their own veterancy status.

Example: If I reorganize an elite tank unit right now, they will just be considered as normal steps when added to another unit. However, it would be nice if these steps would become elite as well. So if added to an elite unit, experience should not be lost. Perhaps they could also add experience to units of lower veterancy that they reinforce.

This would solve the issue where sometimes, your elite units become too weak to be useful, yet too valuable just to reorganize. You could allow them to reinforce a stronger elite unit.

This would be quite useful in some Soviet scenarios, where you surround an extremely stubborn city defender yet none of your forces have the individual strength to even scratch them.