Great game

Ask, comment, read.
chrono280
First Lieutenant

Great game

Unread postby chrono280 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:36 am

I just wanted to say thanks for making a phenomenal game.

Are there any plans for an expansion to another front?

Are there any plans to port this to the iPad?

Thanks again.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Great game

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks, and welcome to the forums!

Plans for the new campaign will be announced shortly... I've dropped some hints recently on RPS ;)

We won't be doing the iPad, at least not in the immediate future.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:
Plans for the new campaign will be announced shortly... I've dropped some hints recently on RPS ;)

Sounds great - cant wait!

PS. Liked your attitude towards the whole "game is broke because i cant beat it the first time" :D

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Danielefc wrote:Liked your attitude towards the whole "game is broke because i cant beat it the first time"

Um, yeah... it seems nowadays when they give you normal difficulty in a game, they call that 1999 Mode :roll:

Gryphonrider
Captain

Unread postby Gryphonrider » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote: Um, yeah... it seems nowadays when they give you normal difficulty in a game, they call that 1999 Mode :roll:

Great referral to retro-'hardcore' difficulty in the birth-year of System Shock 2 by Irrational Games :D
Having played System Shock 2 myself (a lot!) makes me realize I'm quickly becoming an old school gamer now..

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 pm

I have the same problem in my games. People whine that they can't complete a level the first time... I consider myself very poor at arcade games, so if I can comfortably complete a level, then I know it can be done. Mainstream games have spoiled people; it is no longer about challenge, but about the "experience" :(

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 pm

@Spooner: are you still working on "Smash and Grab"?

I remember reading somewhere you wanted to have ZOCs there... sounds like a win to me :D

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

I got a bit stalled on it, after being very productive at the start :( I then ended up being sidetracked updating a few other older games, making a new website and writing a new library and haven't got around to going back. And yes, it will have ZOCs (It has them now, but I haven't decided exactly what effect they should have against superheroes).

I really do want to get it done though; UoC was a significant inspiration for it, in spite of being quite a different game. Thanks for reminding me!

chrono280
First Lieutenant

Unread postby chrono280 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm

The goal was to make the game historical, yet fun and accessible.

I think you met this goal, at least for me. I'm hardly a hardcore war gamer and am relatively new to the subject. It was really easy to pick the game up and just start thinking about strategy, rather than interface navigation. What's more is when I lose, I actually feel encouraged to get back in and try something new, which is rare in gaming.

thelastleonida
Cadet

Unread postby thelastleonida » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am

chrono280 wrote:
when I lose, I actually feel encouraged to get back in and try something new, which is rare in gaming.

Same for me: last morning at the library I found myself thinking how to gain a Decisive Victory in Terek. And a Decisive Failure in my studies :roll:
Usually I don't follow forums very much, but this games deserves a "Great job!"