Game questions

Ask, comment, read.
Apocolyptica
Cadet

Game questions

Unread postby Apocolyptica » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 pm

From what I have read the game sounds really good, I am really tired of overly complex games that don't teach you how to play (a.k.a HOI).
But I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:

1. Any plans for a world domination type of campaign? I really like taking over countries and building a large empire.

2. Are their naval forces, I haven't see any pictures of them?

3. How many scenarios are included and approximately how many hours of gameplay do they provide?

4. Lastly, any plans to add a skirmish mode of play?

Thanks for your time..

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Game questions

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi, and welcome :)

Any plans for a world domination type of campaign?

Our focus will be on historical campaigns for the time being. Once all different campaings are "working" properly with this system, a grand strategy game is not out of the question.

Are their naval forces, I haven't see any pictures of them?

No, not in this campaign.

There are 17 single player scenarios and the game encourages studying and replaying scenarios so gameplay time is different for everyone, really. Scenarios range from 20-30 minutes to maybe 2-3 hours. Again, it's different for everyone, some people prefer to play faster than others for example. PvP is possible (internet, hotseat) but there are no randomly generated, "skirmish" scenarios, no.

Apocolyptica
Cadet

Unread postby Apocolyptica » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for answering my questions. I really hope you folks will consider a grand strategy campaign...

Silverhawk
Newcomer

Unread postby Silverhawk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm

@ Tomislav Uzelac:

1. You said that there will be more campaigns in future or one game which will contain all capaigns. Will the upcoming campaingns also cost about $30 each, or will the expansions be free for those who bought this game now?

2. If I buy all campaigns and you dicide to make one game where all campaigns are included. Will I get the one big game for free or will i have to buy it again?

By the way: I like your game. Good work. ;)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Silverhawk wrote:1. You said that there will be more campaigns in future or one game which will contain all capaigns. Will the upcoming campaingns also cost about $30 each, or will the expansions be free for those who bought this game now?

Our current thinking is this: campaigns to come in form of DLCs/expansions which definitely cost less than $30. Updates to the core game are free (so you can buy only the campaigns you want, not being forced to get everything).

Note that, at this time, we're only about 90% sure this is the way to go. Stay tuned for the final announcement, it's not so far off now.

Silverhawk wrote:2. If I buy all campaigns and you dicide to make one game where all campaigns are included. Will I get the one big game for free or will i have to buy it again?

We will not ask our customers to buy any content they already own. I see where the potential for problems could be here (for example if you buy different DLCs from different distributors), but I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out, because we sell the game directly from our site. Just give us a ring at support at unityofcommand.net if and when this happens.