Questions about your development.

Ask, comment, read.
imPsimon
Second Lieutenant

Re: Questions about your development.

Unread postby imPsimon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 am

I dont even own a tablet but it seems like a great platform (in the eyes of a user, maybe not a programmer?) to play UoC.
That would be truly excellent PvP combat played out like an old fahioned board game.

On another issue, is it possible to add a zoom function?
I always find myself trying to scroll the mousewheel to get closer to the action.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 pm

carbondioxide wrote:Would you be interested in making an ipad version? I'm an investor in a mobile developer/publisher I could introduce you to. It could be intersting on iOS and Android.

Thanks for the offer Tony (I'll be following up with a PM shortly). Also thanks your support on twitter, forums etc... much appreciated :)

Re: tablets, on the technical side it's non-trivial but definitely possible. There would have to be some thinking on the UI (e.g. how do you go to extended movement.. no mouse wheel, no space bar) but I agree it could be a great idea.

I'm somewhat worried about the price on the ipad, though... aren't the prices very low there, like $0.99 per app? :?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:38 pm

imPsimon wrote:On another issue, is it possible to add a zoom function?

Not really ATM, it's a limitation of the graphics engine, which was intentionally made primitive, but robust.

If it's really a problem, you can check this solution, but please make sure you back up the config file before editing it.

jinchoung
Cadet

Unread postby jinchoung » Fri May 31, 2013 7:33 am

so this has lain fallow for a while but...

any plans for iOS? :) or are you guys in the midst of working on it?

i think the style, accessibility and mechanics of the game would translate beautifully to iOS. and as battle of the bulge and slitherine games show, there's definitely a market for higher priced games out there.

also, in terms of the mechanics in your game specifically:
- you can just obviate the space bar or mouse wheel by showing both move regions simultaneously. just make it cleaner with orange lines and maybe a red line with no hash marks.
- as for hovering for attacks, you can just select your unit then tap on the unit you want to attack and that will bring up the battle card as if hovering and then you can just put CONFIRM or CANCEL in that same card.

anyway, i think it really would do well (or even BETTER) on the iOS and i'd love to see it there. been playing recently and every time i sit down to play, i can't help but long for the ability to recline on my couch to repel nazi invaders.

anyhoo, hope all is well. this game is awesome and you guys deserve more credit than you get.

jin