Reinforcements? Race For Rostov.

Ask, comment, read.
giox1
Second Lieutenant

Reinforcements? Race For Rostov.

Unread postby giox1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm

First, I just want to say that I love the game. Beautiful in it's simplicity and focused game design. A good way to describe it is: ELEGANT. And this is coming from someone who hates turn-based games. Yes, it's true, but Unity of Command is accessible with its tight gameplay mechanics and well-defined rules, coupled with excellent art direction and great UI. I have to admit, I'm a UI artist/designer in the video game industry so I do pay close attention to such details. Fantastic job!

My question is this. When playing Race for Rostov (scenario) the Enroute button states that reinforcements will be arriving, and will be made available on the third turn, but when the third turn comes there are no reinforcements to be found. I was expecting to see the buttons for reinforcements of entire units under the Force Pool, but there are none. Am I missing something???

It would be great if there was more detailed info on strategies and tips for the game. I know there's a Tips & Tricks section but it doesn't seem to cover it all -- at least not yet. As i said, I don't have a history of playing turn-based strategy games so the more info, the better for novices to the genre.

Gio

easyBreeze
Second Lieutenant

Re: Reinforcements? Race For Rostov.

Unread postby easyBreeze » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 pm

The reinforcements that arrive on turn 3 are sent to the Stavka reserve not the force pool.

giox1
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby giox1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Ok.

I spent all my prestige points on reinforcements prior to turn 3. What's the point of more reinforcements if you can't afford them? Any illumination on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi giox1, welcome to the forums!

You are always shown all reserves available, even if you can't afford them. If you find the display itself is interfering, you can easily turn it off in the gamebar. The reserves need to be shown though, for the following reasons:

• next time you play the scenario you may choose to buy different reinforcements
  • if you replay the campaign, you may have more prestige to spend next time around