Introductory scenario guide?

Ask, comment, read.
Easy
Second Lieutenant

Introductory scenario guide?

Unread postby Easy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased this beautifully crafted game and after playing the tutorial I moved on to the introductory scenario where I'm supposed to find out about the more advanced rules, except that I didn't :) So, am I missing something? Didi you forget to add the tips, or do I need to toggle an option? :?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Introductory scenario guide?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Hello Easy, nice to have a new member on board!

This is what happened: the introductory scenario is/was supposed to have some more "introductory" briefings but those got dropped because of release date pressures. Most of the content is already written, but we didn't have the time to properly include it in the intro.

We should have removed the scenario note that says so though :oops:

As a substitute, I propose that you check out this blog post on supply and also the "Quick Start" section of the manual. It's all in there, just slightly less convenient. Sorry!

https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2011/11/ ... of-supply/

Easy
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Easy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Ha, ha, ok no problems. The manual looks great. Thanks.

Easy
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Easy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm

So I've already played the first three campaign scenarios (Axis). I was one hex (yes, one!) from winning on the 3rd scenario (Case Blue) but I hit the 10 turn limit :cry: (it would have been a poor man's victory anyway).

Great game guys. I've played wargames since I was 12 (and that's a looooong time ago) and I have to say I'm really enjoying UoC, especially now that I don't have the patience to flip through tons of rules. It really is very accessible, and really amazing job on such a clean and pruuuutty UI.

I shall be recommending it warmly, even though few of my friends play wargames these days. I do hope you find success, you deserve it.