The Post-release Thread

Ask, comment, read.
Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

The Post-release Thread

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi all!

If anyone is up for some post-release chat, do hop in.

My favorite thing about the release so far? The "Technical Support" forum is empty...

...and no it's not for lack of sales! Thanks to everyone who bought the game today, I hope you're enjoying yourselves. :)

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Post-release Thread

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Well so far so good :) Although would be nice if there was some message that new units were made available in the force pool, i keep forgetting :P

But spent several hours with it today. Quite addicting :P

Although i do wonder why Hungarian,romanian and italian infantry are all equal in terms of stats a bit. Granted i don't know that much about all those armies, but i would think there would be some differences in fighting capabilities. At least with a motorised and regular italian division.. Which leads me to the next. There's romanian "cavalry" and "mountain" divisions, but they are represented with regular infantry. Was that the case in the war or was that decided on other reasons ?

Just a bit of curiosity :)

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Regarding the minor Axis being identical in terms of stats: you can't go much lower than 1:1.

The Italian "binary" divisions should probably be the weakest of them all, followed by other Italian divisions and Romanian cavalry and mountain units. Romanian infantry divisions had a normal ~3 regiment size, but they were not very good. Hungarian divisions were still on average somewhat smaller than 3 full strength regiments at the time.

There being no difference between Romanian infantry, cavalry and mountain units is something that will be changed in the future (there will at least be Romanian cavalry divisions).

ReiCJ41
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby ReiCJ41 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Congratulations Tomislav and 2Pelin This was my first beta test. Glad to have been a part of it. :D

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 am

Well i know the Romanian divisions worked a bit on a feudal sorts of principle with officers raising and training them.. which lead to rather varied quality. Bút i would have figured the Hungarians and italians at least a bit better *shrug* Or at least a difference between a motorised and a regular italian division :p Anyhows. Just my thoughts on the subject. No huge deal.

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 am

The motorized Italian division was actually even smaller than a regular Italian infantry division and not really an impressive formation. Its combat strength was comparable to roughly a heavily reinforced regiment.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Unread postby 2xPelin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 am

ReiCJ41 wrote:Congratulations Tomislav and 2Pelin This was my first beta test. Glad to have been a part of it. :D

Thanks!

Congratulations should go to the rest of Dev team also :) - Aesqe, Ante and Nenad.

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 pm

@ComradeP: well how am i to know ? :p No information of such ingame. A little ingame. encyclopedia would be kinda cool ;)