Great Game But Too Difficult..............

Ask, comment, read.
qwerty1234

Great Game But Too Difficult..............

Unread postby qwerty1234 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 am

I have played this game for 1+ month and may just throw in the towel. It's just too hard too get decisive victories. Any advice on improving my game?

Harry_vdk
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Great Game But Too Difficult..............

Unread postby Harry_vdk » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:09 pm

qwerty1234 wrote:I have played this game for 1+ month and may just throw in the towel. It's just too hard too get decisive victories. Any advice on improving my game?

Don't give up to soon this great game.

With this mod "Changing Victory Level of the campaigns" you can make the campaign more easy (no need for a Decive or Brilliant victory) or just Harder, only a Brilliant victory for access to the next scenario.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2380

HappyDaze
Captain

Re: Great Game But Too Difficult..............

Unread postby HappyDaze » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:28 am

qwerty, are you playing campaigns or scenarios? Campaigns might be too hard for a beginner. The scenarios vary widely in their difficulty, but the ones labeled as easy generally are. For instance, "Kiev Encirclement" in Black Turn is one in which I nearly always achieve a Brilliant Victory as long as it doesn't rain too much. In the rest of the scenarios I play, I almost never score a BV but on the other hand nearly always score a Decisive. But some of the user-made scenarios are almost impossible to crack in the time allowed. So keep looking around.

You might also find it easier to play the Germans in scenarios that depict actions where they were historically victorious. Their units are almost always stronger and easier to play as long as they are near to full strength and have some experience. The longer you play, the more tricks you will pick up to make your play more successful.

Hang in and don't be shy about asking questions regarding technique.

Happy Daze