Italian and romanian weaklings

Ask, comment, read.
Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Italian and romanian weaklings

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Dont forget: The axis minors are represented as divisions - the Soviets as corps (except in Black Turn).

kvnrthr
Captain

Unread postby kvnrthr » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:16 am

For modding, I actually find it quite easy to change the unit strength/movement values at least.

For Steam version:

Just go to Steam > Steamapps> common > Unity of Command > dlc > blackturn > data, then edit the unit_types or powerups file. It can be opened with Notepad (though I recommend Notepad++ since it gives a cleaner result).

(You can do the same in redturn folder)

Even when I knew 0 programming it is trivial to just change a few numbers in a txt file.

Make sure you keep copies of that file though, in case something goes wrong.

UoC editing.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

baseroller
Newcomer

Unread postby baseroller » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Redoing this game after finishing UOC2, and this game did get me curious on how accurate the weaknesses of the German Axis allies were in the Eastern Front. E.g. Italy, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Etc.

Was it an exageration or historically accurate? The answer is accurate.

http://www.niehorster.org/015_hungary/b ... 0-1945.pdf

The book pretty much illustrates what cause the German allies to be so ineffective in the field againts the Red Army.

In summary:

1. No knowledge on Mobile Warfare (Blitskrieg and Schwerpunkt); thus, ww1 doctrine. Easily penetrated and encircled by the Soviet Tank Armies.

2. Weak industrial base, resulting on never having enough (any type of) weapons and having inferior weapons, e.g. weak Turan tanks againts T34 + having more volunteers than there is rifles, mortars, and machineguns to equip them.

2(b) Not having even enough motor vehicles to carry supply from the train station to the frontlines (insane, but illustrated in the book), even when 50% of the entire Hungarian civilian motor vehicles were requisitioned by the army.

3. Lack of support by the Germans: The German was very short-sighted in arming their allies, even when the Hungarian government tried to purchase the Panther tank license, the Germans charged such an outrageous amount that the Hungarian government stopped negotiation immediately. Also, the Master Race ideology did not help, Prussians were the worse, but the Austrian officers were actually okay, due to Hungary used to be part of Austria. When the Axis allies warned the Heeresgruppe command of the Soviet concentration of forces, the Germans lack of trust caused bad decision making, contributing to Red Army success.

4. No anti-tank weapon, again, no anti-tank weapon. Imagine holding the front-line and seeing hundreds of T-34/85 belonging to a Mechanized GTC racing towards your position, and holding only a bolt-action rifle. (I would run).

This was a fun topic, hope it helps clarify your curiosity.

All credit to the author of the link provided.