Supply Mechanics?

Ask, comment, read.
Ascii4
Cadet

Supply Mechanics?

Unread postby Ascii4 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 am

Quite the newb at this fantastic game. I can't figure out how to reach my objectives without running out of supply. Weather obviously plays a part in logistics and keeping the line unbroken is a must, but how do I do this?

cnash
Second Lieutenant

Re: Supply Mechanics?

Unread postby cnash » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:05 am

What scenarios are you having trouble with? In some scenarios, you need to use your logistics assets to upgrade a supply source; in others, you can just use airlifts. But the main thing to do is to capture rail lines that extend your rail-enabled supply sources to supply the whole territory. For instance, in Voronezh (Axis, Stalingrad campaign), you need to capture, in one piece, the rail line that runs east from Kursk; otherwise, even with supply upgrades, your units will run out of supply before they can break open the northern objective.

Ascii4
Cadet

Unread postby Ascii4 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:03 am

Thanks for the response. I am playing Operation Barbarossa-Army Group Central. I get as far as Baranovitch, and then when trying to make it to Minsk, all of my troops falter.

cnash
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby cnash » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 pm

In AGC, you must take Bialystok before you can advance past Baranovichi. There's no other way. The Bialystok objective is also a rail junction that connects the supply source near Warsaw (not labelled in the scenario map, it's the two-hex city on the southwest edge) to the rail lines leading to Vilnius and Minsk. Remember that every part of a rail line acts like the supply source itself, but only if the chain in unbroken. If the Soviets control Bialystok or any of the rail line tiles near it, you can't deliver the supplies your units need for attacks in the east.

Ascii4
Cadet

Unread postby Ascii4 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 am

Hey thanks! I'll give it a go. :idea: