Multiple users (more than one active campaign)

Ask, comment, read.
VonTed
Cadet

Multiple users (more than one active campaign)

Unread postby VonTed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:55 am

I just picked this game and I am really enjoying it, one problem I have is that my young son also thinks it is pretty cool :D

Is there a way for each of us have a campaign going at the same time? That way I can play and still let him mess around with his own games (without impacting mine!)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Multiple users (more than one active campaign)

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:20 pm

The only way is to save the campaign manually as a zip file. Here is where you can find the campaign save files: https://unityofcommand.net/wiki/FAQ#Wher ... another.3F

VonTed
Cadet

Unread postby VonTed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:23 am

So this would be the way to go to have two players on one pc?

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:10 am

I guess another way would be to create a second user account for him, and install the game on that for him (if it's not already installed for all users). Since the progress is stored in the Users (usually C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming) folder on Windows this should create separate save files for him. I guess a normal user account (not admin) suffices for that (if you install it for both users on your account).
BTW, the method described by Tomislav above can also be used to backup game progress (to make sure you don't lose it in case of PC problems).