Official Unity of Command Tournament!

Ask, comment, read.
Jaywol
Captain

Re: Official Unity of Command Tournament!

Unread postby Jaywol » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Count me in, sorry for the late post... If I have missed the tourny and anyone would like an online game I am available most weekends, just PM me

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Katukov wrote:
Ritalingamer wrote:OK, signups are officially closed with 21 entrants.

All of you who posted here should expect a PM soon, explaining who your first match will be.

In light of the number of competitors, let's do a single elimination tournament. I will assign each of you a random "seed," then PM you with your first matchup and your assigned map.

We'll start with the Kharkov PVP map, because I can guarantee everyone has it, since it came with the core game.
In later rounds we'll move to different maps - if any competitor doesn't have the DLC for that map, PM me and we'll work out an alternate for you for that match.

One more question - the Kharkov PVP map it's a 2nd or 3d Kharkov? Simply I don't know, what does it mean - the Kharkov PVP Map((

Its 2nd Kharkov PvP. Main menu --> Scenarios --> Stalingrad Campaign --> Multiplayer tab --> 2nd Kharkov PvP

Jaywol wrote:Count me in, sorry for the late post... If I have missed the tourny and anyone would like an online game I am available most weekends, just PM me

That sucks. Maybe you'll get in as a late entry. Otherwise I'm always up for a game. Great thing about turnbased games is that they don't require both players to have time at the same time :). Just PM me a scenario you want a go at and feel free to start up if you are P1.

Dunkelziffer
Newcomer

Unread postby Dunkelziffer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:02 pm

I missed the sign up, too. Perhaps Jaywol and I can join the tournament and play the first round together?

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Feld Grau wrote:Ok sounds good! My only concern currently will be working out a time with my opponent. Im currently in South Korea( Army ) so time zone difference may be funky. Will we be able to work with our opponent so we can agree on a set time that works for both of us?

It isn't necessary that we're online at the same time, so the time difference shouldn't be a problem.
Unity of Command's multiplayer can work asynchronous. It's just important to note the code of the game that's generated at the start (see my last personal message), and always connect to this particular game as the same player. BTW, games we play can also be played back by other players when they're finished, it's described here (actually that was a feature I requested :D ):
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2156
So it would be cool if each pairing of players that has finished a game could post the code here. This way other players can view the games. It's important that those games are really finished though (not ended prematurely), as Tomislav Uzelac stated in the thread I mentioned above.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:01 am

I've now locked this thread per Matt's request. He kindly asks for tournament discussion to move here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2427

I'm happy to see everyone is enthusiastic about this tournament. Good luck to all!