Anniversary Post

Ask, comment, read.
Mandrake48
First Lieutenant

Re: Anniversary Post

Unread postby Mandrake48 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:32 pm

I’ll try to post at least monthly. Feel free to yell at me if I’m being lazy.

Stop being lazy! ;)

Just joking. I love this game and stop by often to see if there's any news on a sequel, so it would be great to hear anything about what you guys are working on. :)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:09 pm

You're obviously right. I need to get my ass moving on this. :oops:

It's a new thing for me though, posting on our progress, especially when all I do at the moment is work on graphics issues. I've toyed with several ideas on this, but "using Hilbert curves to optimize heightmap grid rendering" is hardly an appropriate topic for a game's blog :-)

I'll see if I can put together a post about some mechanical improvements we're working on instead, that should be more interesting I think. We're trying to reduce the excess "bloodiness" of the game - I could post about that as it's a problem that's been widely discussed. In short, no more wiping the enemy completely off the map (unless that's what historical circumstances called for, but that's pretty rare). We actually have a plan how to deal with that, so maybe that's a good topic to start with.

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:37 am

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:...so maybe that's a good topic to start with.

Yes, and?

Happy

Mandrake48
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Mandrake48 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:You're obviously right. I need to get my ass moving on this. :oops:

It's a new thing for me though, posting on our progress, especially when all I do at the moment is work on graphics issues. I've toyed with several ideas on this, but "using Hilbert curves to optimize heightmap grid rendering" is hardly an appropriate topic for a game's blog :-)

I'll see if I can put together a post about some mechanical improvements we're working on instead, that should be more interesting I think. We're trying to reduce the excess "bloodiness" of the game - I could post about that as it's a problem that's been widely discussed. In short, no more wiping the enemy completely off the map (unless that's what historical circumstances called for, but that's pretty rare). We actually have a plan how to deal with that, so maybe that's a good topic to start with.

That sounds awesome, Tomislav. Can't wait to read more :)

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Ass moved! Hope you guys enjoy the post.

https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2015/02/ ... -wipeouts/

Mandrake48
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Mandrake48 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Very interesting stuff. Great to hear about some of the progress being made. Thanks!

Harry_vdk
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Harry_vdk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:43 am

More good news
http://www.pcgamer.com//the-best-wargames-of-all-time/

Congratulations with this one to.