Army group north

Ask, comment, read.
Pyrrhus17
Cadet

Army group north

Unread postby Pyrrhus17 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:02 am

Ok I have played this Dam thing 50 times and IO get on hex away from brilliant victory and I never win . I have watched the videos I am about ready to delete this game from my computer HOW DO YOU F(*&^%%$ win this thing , easey my a$%

Pyrrhus17
Cadet

Re: Army group north

Unread postby Pyrrhus17 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:01 pm

You cannot enter the town of Pskov (sp ) northern most town from the southern side you must enter the town from the northern route the southern way can support the attack but doesn't end up having enough movement to enter the town I have played this 50 times it never works from the south .Its kinda a BS brilliant victory if you ask me The games should be winnable with more than one option .

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 pm

First of: Brilliant victories are not the only option - they are the best possible outcome (only meant for experienced players). A decisive victory or a basic victory is still a 'victory' and the campaign moves on.

As for getting a BV in AGN. In my experience there are several approaches you can take - but to maximize your chances these are the key points:

1. Move all but 2 of your motorized/panzer divisions via Daugavpils - since it is the shortest route.

2. Move one of your panzers with recon via the Riga route to ensure supply to the other forces.

3. See to it that you don't have to use anything but infantry to take Riga - using any mot/panzer here will cause too much delay.

Finally: along with AGS then as far as I see it, it is not possible to get a BV in every playthrough of AGN - more along the lines of 75-85% of the time. But I may have overlooked something...

Pyrrhus17
Cadet

Unread postby Pyrrhus17 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks for the advice really thank you.