Grand Campaign

Ask, comment, read.
MyStonyBaby
Newcomer

Grand Campaign

Unread postby MyStonyBaby » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

I just started playing Unity of Command this weekend and really like it. However, I was wondering if the game can be played at a grand scale. Instead of playing in a confined area of the map, I'd like to play whole map with about a hundred units covering the entire playing field. Where I can place my units where I want and have lots of reinforcements at my disposal. Basically, I would to play this game at much larger level. Is that possible? Maybe some mods out there?

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Grand Campaign

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:25 pm

MyStonyBaby wrote:I just started playing Unity of Command this weekend and really like it. However, I was wondering if the game can be played at a grand scale. Instead of playing in a confined area of the map, I'd like to play whole map with about a hundred units covering the entire playing field. Where I can place my units where I want and have lots of reinforcements at my disposal. Basically, I would to play this game at much larger level. Is that possible? Maybe some mods out there?

Hi :)

Not really no. The AI has some issues with dealing very large maps. For now the largest scenarios are Taifun in the Black Turn DLC and also I have made a multiplayer scenario called 'Turn of the Tide' which deals with the entire southern section of the map - Caucasus to Orel (dec42 to mid-feb43).

spillblood
Major General

Re: Grand Campaign

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Danielefc wrote:
MyStonyBaby wrote:I just started playing Unity of Command this weekend and really like it. However, I was wondering if the game can be played at a grand scale. Instead of playing in a confined area of the map, I'd like to play whole map with about a hundred units covering the entire playing field. Where I can place my units where I want and have lots of reinforcements at my disposal. Basically, I would to play this game at much larger level. Is that possible? Maybe some mods out there?

Hi :)

Not really no. The AI has some issues with dealing very large maps. For now the largest scenarios are Taifun in the Black Turn DLC and also I have made a multiplayer scenario called 'Turn of the Tide' which deals with the entire southern section of the map - Caucasus to Orel (dec42 to mid-feb43).

I agree, in single player it's not recommended, because the AI turns can take extremely long (no problem if you're patient enough though :D :lol: ). Playing PvP is a solution for this problem if you can find people to play with. Just ask on the forums, here or in the Steam forums, since there's no online game browser in the game currently, so you need to contact your opponent by email, skype, over steam etc. if you want to play. The game can be played in a PBEM-like way by just noting the code of the game generated when starting a Multiplayer game, or in one session if you manage to be online at the same time as your opponent. Actually the possibility of asynchronous play also makes it possible to pause a game in progress (when both players are online at the same time) and continue it later, if you remember the game's code (which is generated at the start).