Orel/Briansk--Help!

Ask, comment, read.
Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Orel/Briansk--Help!

Unread postby Danielefc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:14 pm

MarkClark wrote:Sorry to be so annoying and I do appreciate your help. This is sort of mysterious.

So, the savegames files with numbers at the beginning--those are campaigns, right? So I download the files and put them in the "Campaign" folder which is inside "save," correct? Then I go to campaign off main men and click "continue current." But nothing is happening. It does not load, it just gives me the two buttons to start (axis or soviet) and then if I do that, it erases the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You just paste the entire campaign folder into the save folder. I don't know if replacing single scenarios inside the campaign folder will work. It might - but i haven't tried it.

juoc
Major

Unread postby juoc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Strange, so no campaign map shows up? You're doing everything right. To watch Orel you need have save 01 to 06 in that folder otherwise it won't load. If all of them are in the folder then maybe saves from different versions are not compatible (I'm on 1.04b, which can be seen in the credits in main menu).

EDIT: I'm too slow apparently :) ...

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

Ah, I see, I did not have the whole campaign in the folder.

I was trying to review a save from 09, but I only have 1-7, so if anyone has an 8 they could upload, I'd sure appreciate it.

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:43 am

Jesus, I thought the last one was hard, Kuibyshev is 10x worse! I look at the map and despair. Outnumbered at least 5:1, it looks completely hopeless!

juoc
Major

Unread postby juoc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:34 pm

MarkClark wrote:Ah, I see, I did not have the whole campaign in the folder.

I was trying to review a save from 09, but I only have 1-7, so if anyone has an 8 they could upload, I'd sure appreciate it.

There is only seven scenarios in the soviet campaign. You've got all of them. The axis campaign have nine.
MarkClark wrote:Jesus, I thought the last one was hard, Kuibyshev is 10x worse! I look at the map and despair. Outnumbered at least 5:1, it looks completely hopeless!

You're axis and have elite units this time so it doesn't matter. Bad weather should be the only thing stopping you from a BV or at least a DV. Much easier than Orel/Briansk, I promise.

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 pm

You can't really encircle much in this one, can you. Just push forward and blast 'em?

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Bad weather, tell me about it, rain every turn. I can't move.

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 am

Is rain every single turn in your area of operations normal for this scenario?

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 am

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

So, the way to win this one is to save and reload 50x per turn to ensure thatyou don't have rain every single turn?

MarkClark
Captain

Unread postby MarkClark » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 am

Another one I guess I can't figure out.

You are overwhelmingly outnumbered. All the Russians have to do is stack up a wall of units against your advance, which they can do, endlessly. You can win any individual battle, but you inevitably lose the war of attrition. And then the rain just fucks you in the ass.

I watched two separate playthroughs that were uploaded here and they were surreal. Every axis strike destroyed a Russian unit, with no damage to the Germans. To say the least, that does NOT happen when I play.