Which campaign first?

Ask, comment, read.
AstroCat
Cadet

Which campaign first?

Unread postby AstroCat » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi, just got the game, looks like a lot of fun. I was wondering which campaign is recommended for your first one? I have the base game plus the two DLC. Thanks!

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: Which campaign first?

Unread postby Danielefc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Good question indeed... It is probably best to start out with Stalingrad Campaign. The scenarios are a bit smaller and simpler. Not easier - just an easier way to be introduced to the game I would think.

AstroCat
Cadet

Unread postby AstroCat » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm

The German one?

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Unread postby Danielefc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 am

Yea the german I'd say - the germans have a more "intuitive" way of operating.

Harry_vdk
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Harry_vdk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:24 pm

AstroCat wrote:Hi, just got the game, looks like a lot of fun. I was wondering which campaign is recommended for your first one? I have the base game plus the two DLC. Thanks!

I can only speek for my own, but when i start playing this game 1/2 year ago its cost me a very long time to find a way of finish the stalingrad scenario. begin september the beta of the blackturn dlc started (just after i finish my first axis campaing). For me was playing this dlc a beter way of learning this game.

With the start of the blackturn campaign its start with a much stronger army and errors with strategy are at the beginning not fatal it cost more turns. Later on the campaign there is less marging for errors. At the end of the blackturn campaign is "taifun", this give me the feeling of a exam. the last 2 scenario "lake ladoga" and "donbas nip" give me a stalingrad feeling.

last week i have compleet all the campaigns and playing the complete game with the 2 dcl's for the first time.

My suggestion is play it on historical way, black turn -> stalingrad [axis] -> stalingrad [soviet] -> red turn.