why not?!

Ask, comment, read.
Waffen
First Lieutenant

why not?!

Unread postby Waffen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:56 am

Dear Developers,

Why are you notmaking a west front expansion for the western allies lets say from operation torch and el Alamaein to Italy, Normandy and Germany, and a scenario for Germany invading France and the low countries. I will gladly spend 10 eur for that.
I finished Th Black Turn campiagn in one day.
So what do you think about that?

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Re: why not?!

Unread postby ComradeP » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am

Everything in time, now that the Eastern Front has been covered, we can look for other theatres to cover.

Waffen
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Waffen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you, i meant an expansion for unity of command not a new game because i think that this game still has potential for further theathers, and also to create something new will take more time.
thank you for your response

Clx-
Captain

Unread postby Clx- » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 pm

I assume they will do West Front as a 'new' game, ie similar to UoC but under a different name - with AI more suited to the Western Front. I believe that Tom has already said that air power in UoC would not be suitable for West Front, for example.

There are few West Front campaigns that played out like the East. The East was a war of huge mechanized thrusts, the Germans for the first half of the war, the Soviets in the second. There wasn't so much of that in the West, and when there was it was on a much much smaller scale.

I'm pretty excited about what they're going to do next. I hope they stick to the UoC theme (it's almost perfect) and just adapt it to work for other theatres.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 am

There are few West Front campaigns that played out like the East. The East was a war of huge mechanized thrusts, the Germans for the first half of the war, the Soviets in the second. There wasn't so much of that in the West, and when there was it was on a much much smaller scale.

I'm pretty excited about what they're going to do next. I hope they stick to the UoC theme (it's almost perfect) and just adapt it to work for other theatres.

My big hope is that they'll give us the whole theaters to play with, not just a couple of hand-pre-made (operational) scenarios. In current version your biggest worry is to not be slowed down and you're usually given enough forces to do everything that's required of you, so one side is usually weaker. You don't have "resource/manpower management" issue as such which was very important during the war. You also don't have to care to finish scenario - all that matters is to drive into last objective on the map and that's it. I enjoy the game in the current shape, but there certainly is a lot of room for improvements.