play by email

Ask, comment, read.
markawil
Second Lieutenant

play by email

Unread postby markawil » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm guessing, although I haven't tried,

can a play-by-email game be accomplished by passing the save file of a hotseat game to your opponent?

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: play by email

Unread postby Danielefc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

markawil wrote:I'm guessing, although I haven't tried,

can a play-by-email game be accomplished by passing the save file of a hotseat game to your opponent?

I haven't tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work. However i don't see why you wouldn't just use the in-game system as it works pretty much in this manner (you don't have to be online at the same time and can always "log on" to a game in progress.

markawil
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby markawil » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:25 am

thanks, wasn't sure how the online game worked.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Playing by sending savegames per E-mail works. The only problem with this is that you can basically cheat by just repeating a turn over and over until you receive the best result by just reloading the savegame and starting over if you get bad rolls etc.
This isn't possible in Internet Multiplayer because each single turn is sent to the server (it also doesn't have a undo button, so it's much more hardcore than Pbem Multiplayer) :D .
Edited!
Last edited by spillblood on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 pm

PBEM is entirely redundant in UoC since a multiplayer game can be played in either real-time or submitting turns to the server whenever you are ready. The only minor issue with playing asynchronously on the server is that you need to email your opponent manually to tell them that you've submitted your turn.