Persisting saved games across Computers/Platforms

Ask, comment, read.
markawil
Second Lieutenant

Persisting saved games across Computers/Platforms

Unread postby markawil » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi guys,

great game so far, just started playing.

I have the game on my Mac and 2 PCs in the house, is there anyway I can persist a saved game through a service like Dropbox? I realized reading the thread on .usg files the game only looks in the saved games folder in appdata of a PC, is there a way to let you choose where to load a game from? That would make this immensely more easier to jump to my saved game on all computers rather than copying the file over from dropbox then to the saved games folder.

spillblood
Major General

Re: Persisting saved games across Computers/Platforms

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:02 am

Actually choosing savegames works only with scenarios. You can also freely save in scenarios as opposed to campaigns. But for a campaign, savegames must be in the campaign folder, and you aren't able to load the campaign unless all savegames that make it up are in one folder. Maybe it works when you specify the (hardcoded) campaign folder (something like %appdata%\unity of command\save\campaign) as your dropbox folder (with the dropbox tool/app installed), or the whole save folder.
Last edited by spillblood on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 am

Not really, no. The save location is hardcoded.

Did you try making it (folder "save") a symlink? Maybe that would work...

CaptKaz
First Lieutenant

Unread postby CaptKaz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 am

Hi. Is it possible to play both factions campaigns without autodeleting previous factions campaign progress?

Seems to be full out Ironman mode with only one on-going autosave. Is it only possible to load saved custom/Scenario games?

Thanks

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 pm

CaptKaz wrote:Hi. Is it possible to play both factions campaigns without autodeleting previous factions campaign progress?

Seems to be full out Ironman mode with only one on-going autosave. Is it only possible to load saved custom/Scenario games?

Thanks

Unfortunately you're right, there's no way to have two campaigns going on at once, and to load and save games besides in single scenarios. But you can reload scenarios with the button on the campaign screen in the lower right. If you select one of the scenarios you've already finished it will revert the campaign to this scenario and delete all progress up to it, so be sure to select the right scenario before pressing it. So it's not Iron Man mode because you can retry each scenarios as many times as you want, but loading/saving inside a scenario isn't possible in the campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spillblood on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaptKaz
First Lieutenant

Unread postby CaptKaz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok, thanks. Ye found the reload campaign button that works as a try this mission again button, could be a bit confusing at first but all good. So your right, no Iron man mode as we know it here, thank god :)