Taking screenshots?

Ask, comment, read.
HolyDeath
Captain

Taking screenshots?

Unread postby HolyDeath » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm

I wanted to create AAR out of one of the sessions (Stalingrad). I just don't want to thrown is pure blocks of text and creating some screenshots of what's happening might help the readers. After that I realized I have no idea how to take screenshots in this game. Steam's F12 seems not to work, nor does FRAPS. Is there some special method. Am I missing something?

Tim James
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Taking screenshots?

Unread postby Tim James » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Print screen + paste into Paint.

For FRAPS, see this.

HolyDeath
Captain

Unread postby HolyDeath » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am

I did what was advised and it works. Thank you very much. It was boggling me for quite some time.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 pm

There's another, more elegant option (I only use this to take screenshots for all purposes):
http://getgreenshot.org/
If you have it enabled it will use the Print key to take screenshots, the difference is that you can choose the area of the screen you want to capture, and it has an editor to add some additional info/make areas unreadable, crop the image etc.
Pressing Strg+Print captures the whole screen.
Extremely useful freeware tool!

Ian bell
Newcomer

Unread postby Ian bell » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:04 am

A video is worth a thousand screenshots. A better product is My Screen Recorder. It is one of the best screen recording software. It records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your website or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to standard compressed format that works with any video editor or any tool, no conversion required.