.usg Files

Ask, comment, read.
jpjones2
Second Lieutenant

.usg Files

Unread postby jpjones2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm

What are .usg files, and how can I view them? I always get a message saying that there is no associated program to open it. Please help. Thanks. Using a MacBook Pro.

aesqe
Marching band

Re: .usg Files

Unread postby aesqe » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 am

Hi jpjones2,

.usg files are Unity of Command save games. You can load them from the game main menu ("Load Game").

From the "Load Game" menu, you can click on the "Open saved games folder" to view the contents of the folder where all save games are stored.

If you have an .usg file that you want to open, then place it in saved games folder and load it from within the game.

Bruno

jpjones2
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby jpjones2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Thank you for the help. So.... when someone posts a .usg file on one of the forums, I have to figure out how to save it into the game's "Saved Games" folder? It automatically goes into the Downloads folder on the Dock - I seem to have no other choices. Is there an easy way to get it from the Downloads folder into the game folder? Thanks again.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 am

I think this should work:

start the game, click on the "Load Game", then click on "Open Saved Games Folder".

then, from the Downloads folder on the dock, just drag the .usg file to the saved games folder that the game opened.

in the game, go back to main menu (or start the game again if you've exited it).

now click on the "Load Game" button again and you'll see the saved game there.

bruno

jpjones2
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby jpjones2 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Thank you. I get an Error Message saying that UoC cannot open files in the UoC document format.

jpjones2
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby jpjones2 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Here is the exact message I get:

The document “3rd%20Kharkov%20BV.usg” could not be opened. Unity of Command cannot open files in the “Unity of Command Document” format.