Barbarossa?

Ask, comment, read.
82paratrooper
Cadet

Barbarossa?

Unread postby 82paratrooper » Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi all, new to the forum and the game. Couple questions:

1) Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, but couldn't find a thread. Has anyone done a user scenario for the start of barbarossa using the entire playable area (berlin to stalingrad) starting on june 22, 1941? Wanted to ask before I attempt doing it myself in noob fashion.

2) anyone have a list of sites (or a main one) for downloading user created scenarios?

oh, and this is a frickin awesome game, reminiscent of the Squad Leader boardgame I played in the 80s but on a bigger scale.

Thanks all
Ryan

Tim James
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Barbarossa?

Unread postby Tim James » Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 am

FYI: I believe the developer is working on Barbarossa for the next DLC.

Using the entire playable map might be challenging. I'm not sure if you'll ever get it balanced using this engine. You may want to start with a smaller scenario first.

82paratrooper
Cadet

Unread postby 82paratrooper » Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah, I noticed the slowdown big time when making a large campaign :) - still fun though if you multitask and play Company of Heroes at the same time while waiting

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 am

Hi guys,

I just want to confirm that balancing such a big scenario isn't going to work with the current engine. For example, supply runs infinitely far along rail lines: this was an useful approximation for scenarios up to maybe army group size and lasting say, 1 month max. It is unrealistic if you want to do a scenario covering most of Europen Russia over 4-5 months.

Also note there is currently no terrain around Moscow - we are adding that now for the next DLC.

Cheers,

Tomislav

ironbmike
First Lieutenant

Unread postby ironbmike » Tue May 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Can't wait for 1941 Scenario!

The Vorlon
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby The Vorlon » Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Well so much for my alternate history scenario (in modding thread) :( - but looking forward to the next DLC

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:39 am

About point 2: I think the best option at the moment is the following forum thread here:
viewforum.php?f=52
There are some really great scenarios available there, the selection on the Slitherine and Matrix forums isn't as big as here. I think there are no sites dedicated to UoC user scenarios yet.

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 am

I just discovered this game a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it since. I would very much like to see the game expand into 1941 and rejoice to hear that 2x2 is working on such a project. Is it reasonable to ask if there is a projected date for its release? At any rate, good luck with that.

Happy

HappyDaze
Captain

Unread postby HappyDaze » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

In addition to Barbarossa, I would very much hope to see this game system or some variant of it used to depict other theaters of the war. France and the Low Countries 1940 would be high on my list as would that same theater in 1944. I would also love to see something done with North Africa 1940-1943, although that might require a reworking of the game system since instead of units being on the division/corps level it would tend more often to be on brigade or regiment/division level.

Michael

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:33 am

HappyDaze wrote:I would very much hope to see this game system or some variant of it used to depict other theaters of the war.

Other theaters will appear in our next game, to be announced sometime after this final DLC. Too many changes to the game system are required for those, so that it can't be fit into just a simple DLC.