Partisan bug ?

Ask, comment, read.
Hetstaine
First Lieutenant

Partisan bug ?

Unread postby Hetstaine » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Playing the last scenario in the axis campaign, latest version- Stalingrad Campaign. Turn 13 and the partisans chopped the supply route East of Stalingrad by dropping the two partisan moves straight onto a railway hex, i had no unit close enough to stop them in this move as my 'partisan cleaner' was too far west to intervene until my turn 16.

Turn 15 they dropped more partisans on the railway hexes South of Saratov and then turn 17 two more on the same railway hexes East of Stalingrad. This made turn 14-18 unplayable for me as my units all ran out of supply in sight of the last objective which i could have taken at the latest move 17, but i had to keep retreating my units from turn 15 as i could only supply one unit per move with an airdrop.

Situation of my non supply above was the same for turns 15 through 18.

I did not think the partisans could drop directly on the railway hexes ? If so i would have kept two more partisan chasing units behind my front :) Very first play through so i was just looking for a completed campaign not worrying too much about BV's.

Bug or is this how it is ?
Its the internet man, people are coming out with all sorts of crazy quotes ! - Friedrich Paulus

Professor Chaos
Newcomer

Re: Partisan bug ?

Unread postby Professor Chaos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 am

I just had exactly the same problem in this scenario. Partisans drop on the other side of the rail line, then the smoothing of the front line severs the rail link. No way to clear it given the interminable mud.

Mandrake48
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Mandrake48 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

I think if any four of the six hexes surrounding another hex are opposition held then the original hex will become occupied (if that makes any sense). Therefore partisans, although not able to directly deploy on railway hexes, can surround them over several turns and occupy them that way.

My strategy on that mission is to cross a mech or panzer division onto the east bank of the river. Helps secure the vulnerable railway line and can play havoc with Soviet attempts to form defensive lines as they also have to cover a marauding high-quality division on their flank.

Hetstaine
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Hetstaine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 am

I think your correct in saying the partisans may have dropped adjacent and then absorbed the supply hexes. I have tried the same when using partisans against jerry but never had the same result even when in the same situation so.. cannot know. Just need to be aware of it i suppose and make sure you never leave your self open :) When i redid the scenario i set 2 units as partisan chasers up and down the supply rail and sent two more clearing hexes east and north east or Stalingrad so they could not do the 'absorb' trick.
Its the internet man, people are coming out with all sorts of crazy quotes ! - Friedrich Paulus