Supply Ranges

Ask, comment, read.
SteveV
First Lieutenant

Supply Ranges

Unread postby SteveV » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Still getting to grips with the mechanics of supply..It seems like it is not possible to get a DV without having at least some of your units out of supply at some point. Is this true or am I handling the supply network badly?

I probably don't use the rail network properly, if you capture rail hexes do they get added to your supply chain? This is the only way I can see that you can keep your forces in supply all of the time.

Hetstaine
First Lieutenant

Re: Supply Ranges

Unread postby Hetstaine » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 am

Don't be scared to put your forces into a non supply hex if it means an encirclement of the enemy or another maneuver that will force their hand, take a supply point or cut their supply route.

Yes rail hexes are added automatically :) You can easily see this by moving your unit, select the supply icon at the top and view the updated supply chain, remember you always have the undo button which makes it easy to perform a few different moves with your unit first and see which move is going to get the job done. Supply and cutting off the enemy supply is most important in this game so always look ahead :)
Its the internet man, people are coming out with all sorts of crazy quotes ! - Friedrich Paulus