How do units carry over to the next scenario

Ask, comment, read.
VolksFest
Cadet

How do units carry over to the next scenario

Unread postby VolksFest » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 am

Hello all,

This might really sound like a very noobish question but I fail to understand how the units transfer from one map to the other in the Campaign mode. (they DO transfer if they are not killed, dont they :?: )

I did check out the forums (or tried as much as I could) and the manual and this is not mentioned at all. So either this is very common knowledge that I missed entirely, or they do not transfer and I should go back to Panzer General series :lol:

Having asked this can someone also explain how the Force Pool units mechanic works please? Take Stalingrad fro example, in the second turn you get 2 units.. then in the 7th, 8th and so on you got tons more units.. this is specific to the map I assume, no? But, are these units perhaps our own units from the previous map?

Thanks is advance.
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
-Heinz Guderian

Hetstaine
First Lieutenant

Re: How do units carry over to the next scenario

Unread postby Hetstaine » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 am

I do not think units carry over , which is something i miss as i have always tried hard in other war games to hang onto my hardwon vet troops and tank forces. Makes for some gruelling decisions when you have to send a hardened vet unit into a dicey battle where the outcome may be total defeat. Basically i find without any carry over/ progressive units i can send units the fray without caring for them at all.

Afaik the force pool is set in the editor by whoever made the original campaign. They are just simply reinforcements.
Its the internet man, people are coming out with all sorts of crazy quotes ! - Friedrich Paulus

VolksFest
Cadet

Unread postby VolksFest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Having played my 5th map in the campaign I had come to the same sad conclusion.. :(

As you have also put it, nurturing and caring for your "core" army units is always very rewarding in a strategy game. It ads a refined level of detail..

Ah well.. I'll post it in the suggestions thread I guess..

Thanks for the answer btw.
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
-Heinz Guderian

Hetstaine
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Hetstaine » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 pm

No worries :)
Its the internet man, people are coming out with all sorts of crazy quotes ! - Friedrich Paulus