OOB?

Ask, comment, read.
SteveV
First Lieutenant

OOB?

Unread postby SteveV » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Is there somewhere in the game folders that shows you all of the units involved in each campaign? I like looking up the real world history of the different units but when you play through the game the only way to see the OOB is to write down all of the unit names.

There are a couple of unit designations that I am trying to work out - the Hungarian Armoured Division called 1 AFD - what is the correct name for that division? Also, if you see a Soviet unit called 14 RC(2) for example, does that refer to the second division of the 14th Rifle Corps or something else? I thought all soviet units were Corps.

Danielefc
2x2 Games

Re: OOB?

Unread postby Danielefc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

AFAIK the OOBs are not 100% accurate - but very close. The minor flaws are all there due to balance (i believe). A good german OOB site is here:http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/. But for absolutely correct OOBs you will need books and/or research material "access".

EDIT: I believe that the 1. AFD refers to the hungarian 1st Armoured Field Division. But I'm not entirely sure. Sadly the font used for the units names rarely leaves space for the entire "correct" name.