So..what's next???

Ask, comment, read.
Waffen
First Lieutenant

So..what's next???

Unread postby Waffen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 am

Dear Dwvwlopers are you kind to tell us what are you planning for 2013?

Waffen
First Lieutenant

Re: So..what's next???

Unread postby Waffen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Well it seems that the developers dont have the time to answer to my question which is for how long you will support this game and what will be in 2013.
Until then, i will try to read their minds, so what will come should be this:
1) Barbarrosa campaign
2) 39 and 40 campaigns
3) Brtish and american campaigns
4)Last but not least the ability to play every scenario as both opponents.
What do you think?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Waffen wrote:developers dont have the time to answer to my question which is for how long you will support this game and what will be in 2013.

So we're being called out, eh? ;)

We will certainly continue to support this game in 2013 and beyond.

Also, and I'm not ready to announce anything just yet, but you can bet there will be something from us in 2013 too.

Forum members are free to speculate at will, of course :)

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 am

Awesome! Played some multiplayer with my brother today. I've got to get him to join the forums, too. He's made some user scenarios this week (we tried out one of them). I'd say, multiplayer definitely increases the long-term-appeal of the game, it's simply a completely different experience from SP, the scenarios play pretty differently etc. It's really worth checking out every single one of them in MP, I guess.

Stahlgewitter
Colonel

Unread postby Stahlgewitter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

A '41- early '42 Eastern Front expansion would be the blindlingly obvious one - the map (except for the Moscow area, Karelia and parts NE of Leningrad if they choose to include them) already exists, there is a solid basis for both an Axis and Soviet campaign - and the Axis campaign would follow a natural arc from fairly easy to brutally hard culminating in the cool factor of planting the German flag in Moscow. Landmark graphics for the most important cities would be nice, by the way 8-)

The next thing would be to flesh out the Central European map and perhaps do a hypothetical campaign or two involving a hot war beween the Western Allies and Russia.

The 1940 invasion of the west, the war in the Balkans, Italy and the desert, and the Western Allies' campaigns in northern Europe would all be extremely cool but might not work at the present scale.

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Stahlgewitter wrote:The next thing would be to flesh out the Central European map and perhaps do a hypothetical campaign or two involving a hot war beween the Western Allies and Russia.

This is a great idea. I'd suggest setting it in the immediate aftermath of WW II, so that the units don't have to be changed too much. But the Western Front campaign should come before that because it would need American, British and French units.

Vaktathi
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Vaktathi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I really can't wait to see what's next. I haven't spend this much time on a game in many years, I've already put about 90 hours of playtime into UoC through campaigns and playing one-off scenarios. I'd love to see a Barbarossa campaign culminating in the battle of Moscow or the like. A few more late-war Axis scenarios would be nice too :D

Apocalypse31
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Apocalypse31 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 am

I'm really hoping for some Africa campaigns!

You have the ability to play as the Germans in 1941, the Brits in 1942, then the US in 1943.

3Form
Major

Unread postby 3Form » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:26 pm

spillblood wrote:
Stahlgewitter wrote:The next thing would be to flesh out the Central European map and perhaps do a hypothetical campaign or two involving a hot war beween the Western Allies and Russia.

This is a great idea. I'd suggest setting it in the immediate aftermath of WW II, so that the units don't have to be changed too much. But the Western Front campaign should come before that because it would need American, British and French units.

Hehe, I recall seeing a map of the disposition of allied troops at the end of the war - wouldn't the Western allies just get completely overrun? :o

spillblood
Major General

Unread postby spillblood » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 am

Yeah, guess that would have been the case. I think they couldn't have stopped those masses of Soviet troops concentrated in Germany, Austria, the Balkans etc., especially since the Soviets had superior tanks and a strong airforce at that time. Guess only some nukes would have stopped them (if the Americans would've been able to produce them fast enough).
I think even if they'd allied with the remaining German troops (who still held parts of Southern Germany, Eastern Europe, the Balticum, Norway etc. at the end of the war) as Patton suggested (he wanted to simply march to Moscow after defeating Germany) they couldn't have stopped the Soviet advance, because the German military was pretty much destroyed.