Setting Weather in the Editor

Ask, comment, read.
Great Ajax
Second Lieutenant

Setting Weather in the Editor

Unread postby Great Ajax » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

How do yo do this? I can cycle the turns through the toolbox but I have no idea how to set the weather effects for the turn. Thanks.

Trey

adin
Major

Re: Setting Weather in the Editor

Unread postby adin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I think you can't set a specific weather in a particular round. But this is good idea for new version of the editor.
You can try to edit a files responsible for the weather, I think they are in Program Files (x86)\Unity of Command\dlc\redturn\maps\east\weather/Program Files (x86)\Unity of Command\maps-uoc\ukraine\weather and called zone1,zone2 etc
greetings!

Great Ajax
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Great Ajax » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

There is a weather button on the toolbar in the editor in which I can cycle through the various turns. It would be strange to have a toolbar button for weather without any functionality.

Trey

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

The weather function is there so you can check the, more or less, average weather for a turn. The actual weather is saved in a separate data file and can't be changed using the editor.

Great Ajax
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby Great Ajax » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Ah okay. So the icons in that box represent the "average" weather for the turn that is cycled. Is this separate file editable? If so, what is the file name? Thanks again for your time, Pieter.

Trey