Game cost?

Ask, comment, read.
Sandmandan
First Lieutenant

Game cost?

Unread postby Sandmandan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 am

Just a quick one - Is there any estimate as to how much Unity of Command will cost once its been released?

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Game cost?

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:49 am

We're still thinking about that one to be honest. We will announce both the release date and price when it becomes clear in the beta test that the game is solid enough for release. Obviously by that time, we will have to figure it out :)

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Might i suggest a 30/40 dollar pricetag ?

kop101
First Lieutenant

Unread postby kop101 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:07 am

by the way, will full version contain more multiplayer scenarios or possibly something else not shown in beta?
P.S. looking forward to steam release, hope for reasonable price tag ;)

Spooner
Brigadier General

Unread postby Spooner » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm hopeful that the game has a reasonable price tag so that it reaches a larger audience, but that the plan is to release further content, such as extra Eastern Front campaigns and/or MP scenarios, as DLC in the coming months. However, I recognise that choosing a price-point is incredibly difficult, since there are so many factors to consider, especially for a game which sits between the genres (could be seen as too casual for hardcore wargamers, too hardcore for casual players).

Incidentally though, I find the longer/more open SP scenarios perfectly playable in MP (We just play each side in succession and compare success). The specifically MP one still needs to be played twice, alternating sides, since it still isn't terribly balanced.

Imperial Dane
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Imperial Dane » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Well getting it on steam would certainly also help with that. Plus a demo :P November is going to be a rather heavy month in terms of large games. Arkham City for PC, Skyrim and other games. So a reasonable price is going to be a really strong point if done well.