Unread postby adin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:43 am

Any good news Tomislav? ;)
greetings!

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Translated Versions of the Manual

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:53 pm

adin wrote:Any good news Tomislav? ;)

Sorry for dragging this out, I looked in different places but cannot find a decent editable version of the manual.

One wonders how we managed to create it in the first place :evil:

I'll keep looking and post here when I have a solution. If it comes to worst, we will "reverse engineer" it from the software used to create the PDF layout. We are overdue for an update anyway (with ComradeP's additions on the new mechanics and the scenario editor).

Red Dragon
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Red Dragon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 pm

If you can't find the editable manual, why not just make a new one with the same/similar formatting and copy-paste the pics in there.
Who but people with OCD will care about minor stuff like tiny differences in format?

Anyway I can get the entire German translation done within the next 10 days in exchange for a steam key of the main game.
It wouldn't be for me (I already own main game & dlc on steam) but for a friend of mine in Romania who loves the demo so far
- but since he can't afford the game right now (especially now that its back to full price on steam) we can't play together and that's lame :(

By the way sorry for intruding like this as a new user, since this is my first post.
I'm Eugen and I was born in the former Soviet Union but I grew up in Germany and now I study Psychology here, my English-skills I brought with me from a long trip to Australia.
I was always interested in the German-Russian side of the war since I grew up knowing people who fought on both sides and had terrifying stories to tell.
My grandpa was of German descent so he (luckily) didn't get to fight in the war, but he had to train Russian recruits (3 shots each and off they went, just to illustrate what exactly that "green" cross means in UoC) and later he had to catch wild horses and load them onto trains. Eventually he deserted and managed to get back in touch with my grandma and somehow managed to clear his name and produce my mom. Wild stories all around.

Anyway I'm relatively new to the game and I love it. Hope you'll make a version for iPad/Android as well some day, it would be a perfect game for tablets.

aesqe
Marching band

Unread postby aesqe » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:45 am

Hi everyone :)

Thank you for having so much patience with us, it is very appreciated.

Attached is a text-only, word format version of the manual which you can use as a translation source.
There are no images in the document, no header or footer, just pure text. And a few tables.

Please comment away if something is not right with the document, or if you cannot open it, etc.

Once you're done with your translation, post it here as an attachment and we'll reply with an official PDF version of it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your translation efforts and thank you for supporting of Unity of Command! :)

Bruno
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adin
Major

Unread postby adin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

No problem, we always have to wait for good things. I'll start work on this document tonight :)
greetings!

iagoKhan
First Lieutenant

Unread postby iagoKhan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi, I've just found this post (and the one with the docs files).
Anyone is working on a Spanish translation? If not, I will start it, and in case someone is already working on it, I can help...