GNU/Linux version

Ask, comment, read.
Teodosio
First Lieutenant

GNU/Linux version

Unread postby Teodosio » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello all,

question to the devs: are you going to release a GNU/Linux version of the game too?
I have heard that a public beta of Steam for Ubuntu should be released soon. Do you intend to include Unity of Command among the first games available?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: GNU/Linux version

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Well the main issue with Linux is packaging, so that libraries etc. work on every distribution out there.

Now, if a decision is taken to narrowly target Ubuntu, then it makes my life much easier in that respect. Of course, whoever makes that decision will promptly be pronounced the most evil person in the universe ever. So I'm glad it's Valve taking that decision and not me. But maybe it is the correct one for linux. Just sayin'...

I actually did send them an email about it. UoC is not exactly at the top of their priorities though, so I'd advise patience as usual ;)

hero1900
Cadet

Re: GNU/Linux version

Unread postby hero1900 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:53 am

usually ubuntu are the most used linux. and many other distro also ubuntu based such as mint. and if you are using diffrent linux then you should be more geeky guy and then you can sort all of the libraries needed. so after all if they make sure the game works well on ubuntu then its mostly will work well on other distros