Unit Strength Bias

Ask, comment, read.
seph12
Newcomer

Unit Strength Bias

Unread postby seph12 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 am

First of all, I love this game so much! I can't wait for more development.

Now maybe its just me but it seems like unit strengths are very biased in campaigns. For example, as the Soviet Union I tend to have weak infantry. Going against Axis troops always ends in a over 60% loss in their favor. But when switching to Germany, suddenly those same odds play out in a one to one unit vs unit scenario. I know what you might be thinking. Conformation Bias. But when I tested a German unit with a certain steps count and with no auxillary attachments against a soviet one with a certain steps count in both campaigns and the results were very different from each other. Is there a bias in unit strength in the campaign mode?

PirateJock
Second Lieutenant

Re: Unit Strength Bias

Unread postby PirateJock » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 am

Hi Seph12

Have a look at pages 20 - 25 of the manual; it details how the combat odds are calculated. There doesn't appear to be any bias for one side or the other in either campaigns or scenarios. There is a small randomisation (towards bottom of page 22) but that will work both ways.

Cheers

RambOrc
Captain

Unread postby RambOrc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

I think he means how German infantry is significantly stronger than Soviet infantry which is somewhat stronger than satellite infantry.

PirateJock
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby PirateJock » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm

RambOrc wrote:I think he means how German infantry is significantly stronger than Soviet infantry which is somewhat stronger than satellite infantry.

And that's what makes the game so interesting/realistic ;) The old quality against quantity dilemma and how you handle it.

Cheers