German Campaign m4 Stalingrad

Ask, comment, read.
Rola
First Lieutenant

German Campaign m4 Stalingrad

Unread postby Rola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 am

So first off let me say... I love this game!!! Im still quite a noob however I did manage to get to "and even beat" mission 4, unfortunately I need a brilliant or decisive victory to move on in campaign mode.

I understand that the northern railway needs to be captured to cut off supplies to the city of STALINGRAD. I typically accomplish this by bringing all of my armor units to bear down in ther Center-North area of the map and kill some infantry so that I can get that god awful Italian motorcycle unit to capture the northern railway. So far so good right? Problem is that even without supplies the defenders manage to hold on long enough for me not to be able to reacha brilliant or decisive victory. Any tips for this scenario?

This games difficulty makes Dark Souls look like Barneys Playhouse. Im getting seriously discouraged.

RambOrc
Captain

Re: German Campaign m4 Stalingrad

Unread postby RambOrc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:44 am

Cutting the supply is more of an exploit for a BV as the AI often pops new units near the captured supply centers and moves them south instead of killing your out of supply Italian motorized. It is a valid strategy for a DV though, if you bring a larger number of units there and keep them supplied with drops.

For a BV without capturing the supply lines, see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=488&p=3428#p3428

Rola
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Rola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks Ramborc, problem is im having trouble saving the save game file. It keeps giving me an error message saying "Windows doesnt recognize this file, please choose from a list of blah blah blah"

Any idea how to avoid this?

Rola
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Rola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Anyone? Getting really frustrated here.

Attachments Stalingrad BV6T1A.usg(69.05 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Once again, how do I save the saved game provided to my save game slot so that I can beat Stalingrad? I try to drop it into my "campaign" folder and it just doesn't let me start the campaign, am I doing something wrong?

Gryphonrider
Captain

Unread postby Gryphonrider » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 pm

.usg files should be placed in: %appdata%\Unity of Command\save\
Campaigns in: %appdata%\Unity of Command\save\campaign\

Try saving with another extension (for instance .txt) and rename it to .usg later.
Is the savegame from the same game-version btw?
Could be a version issue..

Rola
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Rola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion mate, didn't work but I managed a decisive victory on Stalingrad :D! On to Astrakhan now with 0 prestige points.