Red Turn DLC - BETA TESTER CALLUP - CLOSED

Ask, comment, read.
Ritalingamer
Colonel

Re: Red Turn DLC - BETA TESTER CALLUP

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi guys -

I'd like some clarification regarding the Beta Test NDA. I've never done a closed Beta before, so I don't have a feel for how to interpret the legalese.

For example, what am I allowed and not allowed to discuss, say, on my blog? Would I be allowed to show screenshots I've taken of the new scenarios? Can I discuss new features there? Or is all discussion and feedback restricted to the Beta Tester section of the forum?

Thanks and I'm happy to be a part of the Beta.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:29 pm

There will be a closed forum and all discussion should be done there.

Then, a few days prior to release, we will waive the NDA so people from the test group can post their screenshots, AARs etc. on the net. That's how we did it the last time around, I see no reason to change it now.

Does that work for you?

Ritalingamer
Colonel

Unread postby Ritalingamer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:There will be a closed forum and all discussion should be done there.

Then, a few days prior to release, we will waive the NDA so people from the test group can post their screenshots, AARs etc. on the net. That's how we did it the last time around, I see no reason to change it now.

Does that work for you?

Tomislav - That sounds great! I'm glad I asked.

nikdav
Colonel

Unread postby nikdav » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Nenad wrote:
Note that this is a bit of false advertising. These are not included in the DLC.

Nenad.............you almost make me feel the siberian wind on my skin...........
snow.......ice......the " OST FRONT " winter battles are the most impressive of all WWII.
We must have this tanks for the kiev 1943 battles, and also for Kirovograd, Zythomir, Fastov,
Korosten, Radomyshl, korsun/Cherkassy, .................

PS:
I think we need white wash tanks also for the stalingrad campaign........at least in a future patch.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Unread postby 2xPelin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I have sent e-mails to all who have applied (sent e-mail to [email protected]). If you have applied and didn't receive anything, please send me e-mail - [email protected]

ComradeP
Brigadier General

Unread postby ComradeP » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Looking good :) Except the Volks-Grenadiers could use some love...

&

The VG infantry is very ugly it would be more realistic a desperate man without helmet and with a white blooded bend around the head.

The problem was that there wasn't a lot to work with. Contrary to what you imply, the average VG unit was not necessarily in a much worse shape than the average German infantry division at the stage in the war where they appeared. Numerous infantry divisions were also simply renamed to VG divisions or reconstituted as such, instead of being raised without a link to an existing unit. In the game, they will be weaker on the attack than their regular infantry counterparts but will have a normal defensive value of 3 to represent their worse training but often tenacious/desperate defense given the odds.

The problem with picking a uniform or icon for them is that they would be wearing regular Heer uniforms and that caps were not really an option as that might lead to them being confused with Jaeger units. The security divisions already have a field cap without a cap at the front, so that option was off the table as well. Even a Luftwaffe Feld division had Heer uniforms after being absorbed into it, so we had to settle for emblems/indications on the chest. The fact that we're only showing half of the uniform doesn't give a lot of room for small nuances either.

Making all VG divisions look like subpar formations would, considering the state of the German army, not do them justice.

d10sfan
Second Lieutenant

Unread postby d10sfan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I'd like to be part of the beta testing if you're still looking for people. I'm on Linux as my main platform.

Tim James
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postby Tim James » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Tomislav Uzelac wrote:Here is a preview of the infantry units that just came in from Nenad. Aren't they awesome? :D

infantry_dlc_preview.png

Could we get a high resolution version of this? Do you plan to create a reference chart before the game is released like the one on your blog?

https://unityofcommand.net/blog/2011/11/ ... nce-chart/

Waffen
First Lieutenant

Unread postby Waffen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 am

Ideea about tje VG...
Maybe it will be ok to have a very simple uniform (like romanians for example) but with german helmets.
What do you think? It better than the VG written on the bottom of units.

2xPelin
2x2 Games

Unread postby 2xPelin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

Beta test and applications are closed. So you don't have to send any more application mails :)