UoC2 - Win10 - Crashing to desktop (100% repeatable)

Post your technical problems here.
poland68
Cadet

UoC2 - Win10 - Crashing to desktop (100% repeatable)

Unread postby poland68 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:55 pm

I was able to play UoC2 w/o any issues for the first 2-3 days after release. And then I started crashing during campaign mission two (Tunis). So, I submitted a ticket over the weekend: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8919

However, as of today, I cannot play the game AT ALL. I'm crashing to the desktop every single time I try to start ANY mission.

A few minutes ago, I re-installed UoC2, updated my video card drivers (again), disabled my anti-virus (BitDefender), and rebooted my PC... unfortunately, I'm still crashing before each mission.

I'm extremely frustrated, I have a powerful PC and hundreds of Steam games that run flawlessly. Can you guys please take a look at my files? I really want to play this game!!

Uploaded files: log.txt, west.usg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: UoC2 - Win10 - Crashing to desktop (100% repeatable)

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:34 am

An immediate workaround would be to reset your hotkey bindings.

Go to the %localappdata%\.uoc2 folder and remove the settings.yml file. This will reset the hotkey bindings to default and the game won't crash.

I believe we have fixed your issue internally but the patch is being delayed for other reasons, probably the guys are testing some other changes. Sorry about that! :oops:

Note that you can just rename settings.yml to something else and leave it where it is, then put it back after the patch is up (there will be an announcement on the steam forums as usual).

Cheers!