Game crashes on custom scenario edit attempt

Post your technical problems here.
EgoVermin
Newcomer

Game crashes on custom scenario edit attempt

Unread postby EgoVermin » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Hello, I was hoping to get some help.

I've recently started making a custom scenario. When I went to play said scenario however the game crashed. When I attempt to edit the scenario to figure out the problem the game crashes and gives me a small pop-up with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"E:\Env\Py38\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup_
_.py", line 40, in run
File
"E:\Env\Py38\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.p
y", line 37, in run
File "uoc2-exe.py", line 30, in <module>
Exception: see log file in %localappdata/.uoc2/log.txt

I think it may be related to a 'kill unit' objective - the game crashed once before shortly after I placed this objective. As someone with no computer skills and who has spent a long time on this scenario I would love it if I could fix this without recreating the entire scenario from scratch.

Here is the log:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Game crashes on custom scenario edit attempt

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi, not sure if I replied to this already but: you have changed a bonus objective (kill unit) to a primary. This is a known issue with the editor, one I am looking to fix in this update.

In the meantime, you can manually fix the scenario by editing the file objectives.yml. Remove all content and leave just a pair of square brackets: []

This will allow you to open the scenario in the scenario editor, and then re-add all objectives.

Sorry for the late reply, we were on a busy schedule given how close we decided to release Stalingrad DLC after Moscow.

Cheers!