Scenario Editor Crash

Post your technical problems here.
SighPie
Cadet

Scenario Editor Crash

Unread postby SighPie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:05 am

The scenario editor crashes whenever I attempt to place any allied units on Naval assault scenarios (Husky, Dragoon, Overlord). I also can't place units on LCIs.

https://ibb.co/bWZZFZR

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: Scenario Editor Crash

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 am

Hi, please post your log.txt and clog.txt files. This post describes how to find them:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8892

Cheers!

Jack
First Lieutenant

Re: Scenario Editor Crash

Unread postby Jack » Tue May 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Hey Sighpie, don't know if this was handled yet or not, but I'm just gonna make this post anyways to give further context and hopefully give you a temporary solution:

I've had this happen before too and guessed that it's because of some faulty logic in the editor when no HQ is physically present for a side (i.e. en route, not on the map), but that side already has units down. I imagine the editor is letting you place down a unit, because an HQ exists (regardless if it's placed on the map or not) and there's already units for this side. So you try to place the unit, and normally it gets automatically added to the nearest HQ, but there's no HQ present, so the editor just crashes because you can't place down units without an HQ present. The only time I've had this crash in the editor is for that specific case, so I figure that's the culprit.

A good trick on maps like husky where there's only territory held by one side is to just give a random hex to the Allies and place whichever HQ you want in it. You should definitely be able to add units at this point. Once you have all the units you want on the map, just edit the HQ back to en-route and it should work just fine.