yet another CX_Freeze:Python error in main script

Post your technical problems here.
FatOfTheBrain
Cadet

yet another CX_Freeze:Python error in main script

Unread postby FatOfTheBrain » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Crash at launch.

Included log files and the error message.

Video card (GTX 1060) driver freshly updated.

Currently no .yml file is in the folder where the log files are. Previously when I deleted it, didn't make a difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Re: yet another CX_Freeze:Python error in main script

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi, this log file is from August (!) 2020 and shows no crash, but rather the game shutting down normally after a play session.

If the game crashes very early on during startup it's possible there is no log at all. That would explain why you are only finding these old logs.

This usually means it was blocked from running by antivirus software. If you do have AV software installed, please try making an exception for uoc2.exe.

Cheers!

FatOfTheBrain
Cadet

Unread postby FatOfTheBrain » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 pm

I only have Microsoft Defender AV and Windows Firewall. The game is allowed through firewall and Microsoft Defender gives no indication that it has disrupted or intercepted the game in any way, nothing shown in protection history.

Tomislav Uzelac
2x2 Games

Unread postby Tomislav Uzelac » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:20 pm

No idea then.

We haven't seen issues other than AV kill the game this early during startup - this is before initializing video etc.

I would suggest trying an exclusion anyway. AV software acts up all the time after Steam updates (due to Steam DRM).
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 01afe13b26

Cheers!

FatOfTheBrain
Cadet

Unread postby FatOfTheBrain » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:48 am

I made exclusions for the whole Steam folder and also for uoc2 folder within it. Made no difference.

I installed Bitdefender free version to disable Microsoft Defender and made the same exclusions. No difference.

Then I uninstalled the game, deleted the whole .uoc2 folder under user data, reinstalled the game. Works like a charm. And I don't even know if this worked the way I imagined or not.

So I didn't receive help but perhaps this can help someone else in the future.

Just as an aside, is the error message gibberish? Does it tell you anything or is it just Win10 spazzing out?